THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 82 - Jack's Back

Rapunzel’s P.O.V

The exact moment I realized I needed to wake up Hiccup and Merida arrived. I awoke with them beside me. They too seemed to have had the same issue but escaped from the horrid nightmares. So here we were on the search for Jack and Pitch again. The lair itself wasn’t that big so the search for the two couldn’t be that hard right? “Jack!” I called out. “There he is!” Merida shouted as she pointed towards one of the cages that hung from the ceiling. Jack sat slumped forward with dark images dancing over his head caused by the Nightmare sand. “Toothless up!” Hiccup instructed as he tilted backwards causing Toothless to lift his head and fly towards the cage. The dragon hovered beside the cage as Merida jumped onto it. She hung loosely on the metal bars as she caused it to swing back in forth with Jack still locked inside. “Merida be careful!” Hiccup demanded. “Don’t nag Hic! It’s pretty unmanly.” Merida teased as she tried to pick the lock. Hiccup rolled his eyes at her and then glanced towards me for some sort of disagreement.  “She’s right you know?” I laughed. “You two are impossible.” Hiccup groaned. “Got it!” Merida shouted as she opened up the cage door and pulled out Jack. Once everyone was on Toothless we landed at the floor of the lair beside the globe.  Jack was still unconscious as we set him down on the ground. “Jack you need to wake up.” Hiccup stated firmly as he gently slapped his face in attempt to wake him up. But Jack didn’t budge. “He isn’t going to wake up.” Pitch stated from the shadows. Almost instantly we formed ranks and armed ourselves. “And why not?” Merida questioned as she pulled back on her bow and aimed. “Because unlike the rest of you I’ve placed a tiny piece of my darkness inside of him. Oh but he doesn’t know it yet. He is trying to wake up but the evil inside him won’t let it happen. “ Pitch explained as he manifested before us.  He was much taller now, and much, much more intimidating. “The darkness will surely kill him soon now. After all that much malevolence in someone that good is practically poison. “ Pitch laughed as he lifted his hands and used his nightmare sand to conjure a bow and arrow just like Merida’s. “And we can’t have little Miss Flower here healing him, now can we?” He inquired as he aimed the weapon straight at me.  Hiccup instantly stepped in front of me, causing Toothless to go berserk.  The dragon really hated seeing his friend standing in the face of danger, so when Pitch released the arrow the dragon attacked. With a shot of Toothless’ plasma blast the arrow shattered and clattered to the ground in a pile of sand. Pitch roared in anger as he conjured a scythe and slashed it away at us. While simultaneously dodging the attacks I managed to drag Jack’s body away. “Keep Pitch busy!” I exclaimed as I quickly wrapped my hair around Jack. Merida nodded her head in recognition and fired away at Pitch with her arrows. As I started to sing my hair started to glow in response. I let out a sigh of relief in between the lyrics to the song. Jack stirred as I finished and opened his eyes. “Rapunzel?” He inquired. I smiled and kissed his cheek gently. “C’mon we got to help the others.” I stated firmly as I shoved his broken staff at his chest. “What happened?!” He exclaimed as he looked at the poor state of his crooked staff. “Long story, just put your staff back together and help us fight Pitch!” I exclaimed. Jack looked around frantically until he spotted the fight going on all around us. Hiccup, Merida, and Toothless were fighting off Pitch pretty well. “Alright, give me a sec.” Jack stated as he stood up and pressed the two pieces of his broken staff together. I watched in awe as his staff froze over at his very touch. The ice fabricated and made the staff into one solid piece again. “Let’s go!” Jack exclaimed as he offered his hand to me. He was looking at me differently. Deep in his eyes where I could see that small glint of sadness was suddenly gone. He was overjoyed in a way which in turn made me suddenly feel confident.  “Let’s take’ em down.” I over exaggerated as I took his hand.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringment is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.