THE BIG FOUR STORY:Chapter 41 - All my worst fears

Jack's P.O.V

The last time there was this many nightmares Pitch was present. I stopped fighting and concentrated on finding Pitch in the midst of all this chaos. High above me I could see an outline of a tall, slender, figure. “Found you.” I whispered to myself. I flew as fast as I could towards him. As I became close enough to touch him I let out an angry cry as I swung my staff. “Whoa there Jackie!” Pitch exclaimed as he dodged my blow. He was standing on a cloud of black sand that had multiple tendrils curling out of it. “That’s how you’re spreading your nightmares so fast.” I stated in horror. “Yes, yes I’ve finally perfected Sandy’s little party trick except I’ve turned it into something much, much more powerful.” Pitch explained as his tone of voice dripped with pure malice. I followed the tendrils with my eyes and saw that they traveled even farther than I thought. The nightmare sand expanded all the way down to the village. “Our bargain was that you would leave the village in peace.” I barked as I raised my staff at him angrily. “Yes it was but you see I’ve found something out that leaves you in the dark and gives me the upper hand.” He cackled. I fired a blast of my ice power from my staff, but he motioned his hands upward creating a barrier to protect him from my blast. “That trick doesn’t work on me anymore Jackie. It seems you’ve forgotten that, shall I jog your memory?!” Pitch shouted as he sent a wave of black sand at me. It hit me causing my grip on my staff to loosen. As I hurdled towards the ground my staff slipped from my grasp. In a matter of moments I hit the ground. I groaned in pain as I attempted to get up but I was shot down again by another wave of Pitch’s power. “Jack!” Hiccup shouted as he saw me getting snuffed. Pitch saw Hiccup making his way towards us and smiled evilly. “This….is……between………you……and…me.” I stated in between breaths. Merida saw Hiccup charge Pitch and followed in suit leaving Rapunzel unprotected. Hiccup rode Toothless and fired multiple plasma blast right at Pitch, but they were all in vain because Pitch dodged them with ease. Hiccup’s distraction gave me enough time to get up and grab my staff. Pitch was dodging all of our attacks until finally one of them made their mark. Merida had hit Pitch with one of her arrows. “Nice!” Hiccup complimented causing Merida to blush. “Blast it!” Pitch groaned as he pulled out the arrow from his shoulder. I took that as an opportunity to attack and charged him. But once I reached him he chuckled wickedly and disappeared within the shadows, making him invisible to us. “Show yourself Pitch!” I demanded. “Why should I risk that?” He asked. Pitch’s voice echoed throughout the forest. He still wasn’t visible in any way. “You continue to make a mess where ever you go Frost, even after all that’s happened. I’m disappointed in you. I thought that since you’ve finally became a Guardian that perhaps you would grow up and take responsibility” He stated. I looked around frantically hoping I could find where he was hiding so I could finally end this. “What do you mean?” I asked coolly.  “Who’s the one guarding your precious Lost Princess Jackie?” Pitch laughed. Realization hit me like summertime in the dead of winter. “Rapunzel!” I shouted as I instantly turned to make my way to her. She was in the same position when we had left her, we hadn’t gone far but still it was far enough to bring harm to her especially once she was vulnerable like she was now. She was still singing her beautiful voice trailed through the air. Her hair glowed bright which terrified the nightmares surrounding her. They had kept her distance, which meant she wasn’t hurt. I let out a sigh of relief and started my way towards her. Suddenly Pitch appeared behind her at a good distance but still close enough to cause her harm.  He had an arrow crafted out of his nightmare sand pulled back and ready to fire. “No!” I shouted as I flew as fast as I could towards Rapunzel. She was entirely oblivious to the danger she was in as she was concentrating on signing. Pitch released the arrow and let it fly. After that everything seemed like it was in slow motion. I made it to Rapunzel just in time to appear in between her and the arrow. I took the hit that was meant for her. The arrow hit me right in the chest. It surprisingly didn’t hurt, but a wave of fear suddenly took over. The world around me seemed darker, more carnivorous in a way. I looked down at the wound in my chest and saw that the arrow had dissolved. Nightmare sand was pouring from my wound, and soon my hold on reality faltered. I fell to my knees and I cried out in pain. I felt a rush of memories of all the things I detested. Like the time I had single handed destroyed Easter during our fight with Pitch. Dread and regret replaced the fear within me. I could hear faint cries in the background as Pitch’s voice appeared in my head. “Such a transparent child, I knew you would risk your life for her. Do you want to know what makes this different than the time I shot Sandy with one of those arrows?” He asked me. I didn’t respond, I couldn’t, my body felt frozen, no pun intended. “The arrow I shot you with won’t kill you, don’t worry. It will just bring the darkness out in you.” He explained. I attempted to gasp out or breathe but a sudden, sharp pain silenced me. My heart felt like it was being squeezed and soon it felt cold. The pain eventually stopped because I was numb with discomfort. “Soon you will be like me. Soon you and I will destroy all the hopes, dreams, and wonder in the world. Then everything….everything will be Pitch Black and Jack Frost too.” He laughed. “I will never help you.” I spat. Pitch only laughed at my comment and then firmly gripped my hair. He yanked my head back so my face was pointing towards the sky. “It’s time to go to sleep Jack.” He cooed. My eye lids felt heavy and my body was weak. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep. ~