THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 90 - Making the Right Choice

Jack’s P.O.V

I felt selfish for the way I was treating Rapunzel but it was the only way for her to live on. I already had my life and now it was her turn to live hers. I was meant to be a Guardian, and she was meant to become the Princess that Corana needed. I knew this was the right thing to do deep down and something told me that Rapunzel suddenly felt the same way. We both loved each other deeply but it just simply wasn’t to be. Normally I would fight this because she was something I deeply wanted, but I knew it wasn’t the right thing, even if Rapunzel wanted it too. She had a family and a kingdom patiently waiting for her return and it was no longer fair to keep them waiting. “Rapunzel?” I called after our conversation inside Pitch’s lair. She turned to face me only to reveal her tear stained face. Yes, I had made her cry but it was only in telling her the truth. She was no longer sad though; Rapunzel held a certain fulfillment about her. In a way she did fulfill so much. She had escaped her prison of a tower and completed her dream. Rapunzel saw the world and gathered a new found courage within her. I was amazed by how much she had grown. I winched involuntarily at the word ‘grown’ as I thought about it. Growing up was such a hard thing for me to cope with. Eventually, yes, everyone grows up, but I never did. Growing up means forgetting. Forgetting means to stop believing. But I didn’t feel that same sadness like I normally did with her. I knew by her forgetting me, she could live her life to the fullest and the happiest. I wouldn’t hold her back and she could blossom. “Jack?” Rapunzel called thus interrupting my thoughts.  “I’m sorry, I was thinking!” I exclaimed as I attempted to shake anymore stray thoughts. Rapunzel of course laughed at me but still remained intensive once she finished. “Do you think I’ll be able to rule a kingdom, Jack?” Rapunzel asked seriously. “Of course! I mean if Merida can, I’m positive you can!” I joked. Rapunzel only shoved me playfully in response. “Merida is very courageous, and has a firm bearing on her word.” Rapunzel stated. “Yeah, I know that. Rapunzel, all I’m trying to say is that ruling a Kingdom isn’t as hard as you think. Anything you can out your mind to will always have a great outcome if you truly believe in it.” I explained. Rapunzel shrugged and looked back at the gaping hole in the ceiling. Sunlight still poured in, while my snows melt from its heat. “That’s quite clever of you Jack.” Rapunzel stated. “I know right! I just thought of that.” I chuckled. “Do you think Pitch dealt with the Outcasts yet?” Rapunzel asked. “I don’t know. But for all of our sakes, I hope so. “ I sighed sadly. The Outcasts were a gruesome bunch that wanted Hiccup’s head on a platter, but they were never a match for Hiccup’s dragons. I could see Hiccup becoming a great Chief in the future, whether or not he thought so.  Hiccup had a knack for thinking quick, and his big heart and moral soul kept him from doing any wrong. Merida on the other hand was hard headed, and free spirited. But her firm word and strong belief would make her a fine Queen. Her independence would be her asset, while her keen eye and perfect shooting made her an intense warrior. Rapunzel was kind and pure. She saw only the good, and never turned away from the bad; she always faced it, even if she was afraid. I could easily see her becoming a favorite among her people.  She would be loved by all and hated by none. As for me….I would remain away. I had no place among any of them anymore. They had their lives to live as did I. I had a responsibility to protect the children of the world and fill their days with endless fun. Hiccup, Merida, and Rapunzel all had their own responsibilities now, and it was time for us all to move on. Life is short, believe me I know, but that doesn’t mean we can’t prevent other from living theirs. I had made my decision and deep within me I knew that it was the right choice.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.