THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 60- Convincing the Clans

Jack’s P.O.V

“Rapunzel is the key to Pitch’s destruction.” I thought to myself as Dunbroch Castle came into view. I landed on the bridge and began walking towards the front door. “Jack!” A voice called from above. I looked up to see Hiccup and Rapunzel flying in on Toothless. “Rapunzel?” I called as they landed right beside me. “Thanks for the lift Toothless.” Rapunzel thanked as she patted the dragon’s head lovingly. Toothless snorted in response as he leaned into Rapunzel’s touch. “Where have you two been?” I asked them. Hiccup looked away guilty as Rapunzel hid something behind her back. “What is that?” I asked as I gestured to whatever Rapunzel was hiding from me. “Nothing.” Rapunzel obviously lied. “Just show him Punzie.” Hiccup stated. “Not before Jack tells us more about-“ Rapunzel started but I quickly flew behind her and snatched the item she was trying to hide from me, from her hands. “Hey!” She exclaimed as she tried to swipe it back but I quickly raised it above her so it was out of reach. “Relax! It can’t be that bad!” I laughed as I brought it back down to look at it. Once I finally saw what it was I dropped it in surprise. “It’s….one of Tooth’s memory boxes?” I murmured as I bent down to pick it up. It was damaged and not as brightly colored as mine was. I turned it in my hands to see whose memories were inside this box. The face on the side looked so familiar. It was a young man with high cheekbones and a straight point nose. I looked even closer to see the image’s eye color, it was gold. “Pitch?!” I exclaimed as I dropped it once more. “What?! Where?!” Hiccup questioned as he searched around frantically. “I don’t see him anywhere Jack!” Rapunzel stated.  “No! He isn’t here! We need to get inside! Now!” I tried as I picked up the box and grabbed Rapunzel’s arm and began pulling her along with me. Hiccup followed us but not before instructing Toothless to stay guard outside. The dragon obeyed but not without a few snorts and various eye rolls. We entered the main hall inside Dunbroch Castle only to meet with a frightening crowd.  They all turned towards us as we entered and gave us curious looks. “Ah so it’s the Viking boy’s fault that Berk was attacked!” A voce shouted. “No! It was the Outcasts! They are after Hiccup so he can show them how to train their dragons!” Merida retorted. “It looks like you girlfriend is better at defending your honor than you are.” I chuckled. “Shut it Jack.” Hiccup groaned as he tried to push through the crowd. “Merida!” Hiccup called. He had managed to reach her but it seemed she was in a heavy argument between clans. “I say we give these Outcasts the talking fishbone and call it a day!” One of the clan leaders suggested. “So the Outcasts can come back but with dragons under their belts?! I don’t think so!” Merida shouted. “My daughter has a valid point Macintosh.” King Fergus stated as he sat down on his throne. Hiccup stepped forward and cleared his throat. “There you are Hiccup!” Merida exclaimed as she ran to him and hugged him. All three of the clan leaders groaned as Merida embraced him. They separated and faced the Clan leaders hand and hand. “The Outcasts are a weak clan they search only for power. They will achieve that through Dragons. In order to ensure the safety of all of our clans we mustn’t let them get to Hiccup.” King Fergus stated. “So what? Should we lock him up?” Macintosh suggested. “No!” Merida exclaimed. “Hiccup isn’t the problem here! He would die before letting the Outcasts have the knowledge of training dragons.” Merida explained. “How do we know this lad can even train a dragon huh? What if this is all rubbish and he’s really working with the Outcasts?” Lord Dingwall questioned.  “I can prove it!” Hiccup exclaimed. “How there isn’t any dragons on this land?!” McGuffen exclaimed. Merida and Hiccup looked at each other knowingly. “I’ll get him.” Hiccup stated as he brought his fingers to his mouth and whistled. Almost instantly Toothless burst through the front door and the crowd split to flee from the dragon. “Relax! Everyone remain calm!” Queen Elinor exclaimed. Everyone stopped in place as their Queen stepped down from her throne and walked towards Hiccup. “Go on, show your worth child.” She stated kindly as she placed her hand on Hiccup’s shoulder. Hiccup nodded in recognition before walking over to his friend. Toothless glared at every man in the room who had a heavy weapon in his hand. “It’s okay bud, they’re just scared.” Hiccup stated. Toothless snorted in disagreement. “I know they don’t seem like it. Just give them a chance Toothless.” Hiccup explained as he placed his hand on Toothless’ head. The dragon leaned into his touch and purred like a cat as Hiccup scratched underneath his scaly chin. The crowd was shocked as Hiccup mounted Toothless and rode him out the door. The crowd followed the pair outside to see them flying in the sky. “The stories are true!” Macintosh exclaimed. “He really is the Dragon Conqueror!” Dingwall shouted as he pointed to Hiccup in the sky. “I told you.” Merida scoffed. “Well done Merida.” Queen Elinor praised as she hugged her daughter.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.