THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 24 - I'm sorry

Rapunzel's P.O.V

It took us only five minutes to find Jack. He was sulking; his head still hung low and his eyes hidden behind his snow white hair. “Jack!” I called. He looked up and our eyes met. He was standing in the middle of a frozen pond. I ran to him but struggled to keep my balance on the slippery ice. Jack laughed softly and flew to me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and lifted me up. He then flew towards a large boulder near the bank of the frozen pond and set me down on it. “Jack?” Merida asked. His head snapped up and turned towards her. “Listen okay don’t interrupt.” She begged. Before she continued she glanced back at Hiccup who assured her to go on. “I’m really sorry about what I said earlier, I wasn’t thinking straight and I was angry.  A lady should never lose her temper.” Merida apologized as she bowed her head. Jack was awestruck, his eyes were wide and his mouth open in astonishment. “But you’re not a lady Merida.” Jack laughed as he walked towards her. Merida’s head snapped up to look at Jack. “I’m trying to apologize here.” Merida sighed. Suddenly Jack hugged Merida. “You’re not a lady. You’re a stubborn, testy, yet somewhat entertaining, friend, and not to mention a remarkable archer.” Jack stated as he embraced her. Merida scoffed and hugged him back. “Stupid icicle boy.” She teased. Jack laughed and released her from the embrace. “Crazy frizz ball.” Jack commented back with a soft chuckle. It was silent for a few moments until Toothless began to rumble. “What is it Toothless?” I asked. His head pointed up, I followed his eyes and saw a nightmare fleeing. “Guys?!” I called. “What is it?” Merida asked. “There’s one left.” I stated in annoyance. Jack instantly flew in the direction the nightmare had taken off in. He returned shortly with a worried expression on his face. “It’s gone.” He stated. “Gone? As in you got it, or gone as in you lost it?” Merida asked. “I lost it.” Jack sighed. “That’s not good.” Hiccup added. “Yeah I know.” Jack said in frustration. “We need to tell North about this, and the other Guardians.” Jack stated. “Let’s go!” I shouted in excitement knowing that we were going to have to fly there. I loved flying it was the most remarkable thing to experience ever. Jack nodded in agreement and offered his arm to me. I took it eagerly and let him pick me up. Jack took off into the sky with Hiccup and Merida following right behind. I looked down and saw my long hair dangling toward the land below. “Jack?” I asked. “Yes Punzie?” Jack answered. “What was that hole in the ground? From earlier?” I asked. Jack flinched slightly at my question. “Pitch’s lair.” He spat. “It’s a dangerous place.” He added. “How?” I asked. “He can control everything down there; it’s like his own world.” He explained. “Oh.” I sighed. “So you were protecting me earlier?” I asked slyly. Jack smirked and looked down at me. “Well of course.” He stated. I smiled sweetly at him. “Thank you, I guess Mother was wrong about the world.” I stated.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.