THE BIG FOUR STORY:Chapter 50 - Reunited

Jack’s P.O.V

“Alright you two you’re going to have to come up for air eventually!” Merida laughed. I reluctantly pulled away from Rapunzel. Her face smiling face stared back at me as fiddled with her hands. She squeezed my hands lovingly before she stood up and lifted myself with her. Merida stood with her arms crossed as she smirked at the two of us. Rapunzel and I walked hand and hand slowly until we reached the ‘wee frizz ball’. “Good to see back to normal Frosty.” She cheered as she patted me on the back. Merida hit had hit me rather hard so I visibly flinched. “Ouch that hurt!” I exclaimed. “Good there’s more where that came from too!” She laughed. I sighed knowing that she was not lying. “I figured that.” I chuckled. “Jack?” Hiccup asked from behind Merida. She stepped aside so I could see him clearly. Hiccup stood there with his hands behind his back. He rocked back and forth awkwardly on the balls of his feet. “Hiccup.” I laughed out. Suddenly various images flashed inside my mind. I saw myself beating Hiccup to death. Each punch I threw caused my chest to ache. I clenched my teeth in pain as I fisted my hand against my chest. Once the flashback disappeared I steadied myself. “Jack are you okay?” Rapunzel asked me. “Yeah I’m fine Punzie, I just….did I….thought I had….Hiccup I thought you were dead.” I gasped out. Hiccup smiled as he walked to me. Before he could reach me I ran to him and pulled him into a hug. “Damn it Hiccup!” I exclaimed. “How could you have let me do that to you!” I cried. Hiccup pulled out of our hug and looked at me blankly. “Because I had a plan Jack, and my there was no way I was going to let you mess it up.” He laughed. I sighed and shook my head at him. “You’re lucky Punzie here has healing powers otherwise….” I trailed. “You would have never been able to live with yourself and blah, blah, blah. We heard your whole speech before with Rapunzel.” Hiccup explained.  I hooked my arm around his neck and pulled him into a headlock.  “Good then I don’t have to repeat myself.” I laughed. “Are you kidding me?  Enough with the headlock already!” Hiccup pleaded. “Say uncle.” I stated. “Uncle.” Hiccup stated firmly. I released him and nudged him playfully with my shoulder. “It’s good to see everything is finally back to normal.” Rapunzel stated. “I agree.” Both Merida and Hiccup said in unison. They looked at each other and smiled lovingly. “It’s good to see that these two are finally acting more like a couple.” I laughed. Merida frowned at my comment. “It’s good to see you finally made your move with Punzie, Frosty!” She accused. Hiccup burst out laughing at her comment and before I could make an excuse I felt Rapunzel hook her arm around mine. I looked down at her and smiled. She was beautiful. “I think it’s time we visited your neck of the woods Merida.” Rapunzel suggested. Merida flinched at her Rapunzel’s statement. “That sounds like a good idea I’d love to see your family again Merida.” Hiccup stated. “Oh I don’t know guys; the clans are probably getting together now with my absence and all.” Merida tried. “All the more reason to go Princess!” I exclaimed. She rolled her eyes at me before she punched my arm again. “Ouch!” I exclaimed. But before I could pick a fight with Merida she interrupted me. “Fine we’ll go, but first things first we need to explain what happened to Jack.” She stated. “Explain what?” I asked. “When you were…well not you….Berk was attacked.” She explained.  “What?!” I exclaimed. “Wait what?” Hiccup added. “You guys never told me this!” Hiccup stated. “Well you were dead so it was kind of hard to inform you lad.” Merida explained. “She has a point.” Rapunzel stated. Hiccup and I looked at each other before we both rolled our eyes at the girls. “Women!” We both groaned.  “That’s enough you two!” Rapunzel demanded. We both straightened ourselves before giving Merida our attention again. “As I was saying, Berk was attacked by the Outcasts.” Merida explained.  “The Outcasts?” I asked blankly. “I don’t know either.” Punzie whispered to me. “Good that means we are in the same boat.” I clearly lied. She shot me a disapproving look before pulling me aside. “Jack who are these Outcast guys?” She asked sternly. “What makes you think I know?” I questioned as I backed away a bit and held up my hands in surrender.  “Because I can tell when you are lying!” She exclaimed. “How?” I asked. She crossed her arms at me before she answered my question. “ You never meet my eyes when you lie.” She answered smugly. “What? Well I never-“ I tried as I slowly brought my eyes down to hers.  “See.” She pointed out. “Alright, alright it doesn’t matter anymore because he didn’t keep up his end of the deal.” I laughed awkwardly. “What deal?” Hiccup interrupted. I sighed knowing that this conversation was taking a turn for the worst. Both Hiccup and Merida stared at me questioningly. I groaned in annoyance. “Remember those ships we saw off the coast?” I asked them. They all nodded their heads yes to answer my question. “Okay the funny thing is Pitch was on one of those ships….” I trailed. “I don’t see how that is funny Jack.” Merida stated blandly. I rolled my eyes at her before continuing. “The Outcasts were working with him. He must have threatened them or something. “ I explained. “Well we figured that much since Pitch showed up at the same time as the Outcasts so…”Merida trailed. “Merida enough.” Hiccup sighed.  She bit back her tongue before saying anything else insulting.  “So what about this deal you were talking about?” Rapunzel asked. I hung my head in disgust. “Pitch and I had made a deal.” I murmured. “What?!” Merida, Hiccup, and Rapunzel all exclaimed in unison.  “I swear if you made a deal to join Pitch-“ Merida started but Rapunzel quickly clasped her hand over her mouth to silence her. “It’s not like that guys, he offered to leave you three be if I disbanded ‘The Big Four’.” I finished with air quotes. “And if you didn’t?” Hiccup asked obviously not surprised. “He would destroy everything we all ever cared about.” I answered sadly.

These character are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.