THE BIG FOUR STORY:Chapter 42 - Dark Jack

Hiccup's P.O.V

It all happened so fast, first Jack took off as if Toothless was on his heels, and then he was on the ground. He had taken the shot meant for Rapunzel. His form seemed weak and his facial expression was panic stricken.  “Jack!” I shouted as Merida and I stood in horror as we watched the whole scene. His head turned towards me. His normal electric blue eyes seemed to be fading, they were glazed over and his skin took a black ashy tone. Suddenly Pitch appeared behind him and pulled him, by  his hair harshly. “It’s time to go to sleep Jack.” He cooed as he sprinkled some black sand over his head. Jack’s eyes closed instantly. “Jack!” Rapunzel screamed as Pitch released his hair causing him to fall over.  She stumbled over to him but just as she was within reach he rose up. His head was slumped forward and his limbs hung loosely as he floated in the air. “Is he asleep?” Merida asked me. “I think so.” I answered as I pulled her closer to the scene. Rapunzel took another step closer but Pitch suddenly appeared in front of her. She jumped back in surprise. “Aww did I frighten you?” Pitch mocked. Rapunzel scoffed and crossed her arms at him. “What did you do to my friend?” She demanded. “Oh I was hoping you would ask!” Pitch laughed. “Well you see poor little Jack took the shot that was meant for you.” Pitch explained as he pointed at Jack’s floating form. Rapunzel’s eyes widened in horror. “Is he dead?!” Merida shouted as she walked to Rapunzel’s side. “No not even close……but he is now living something far worse than death.” Pitch cackled. “You see children I’ve conjured up all of Jack’s ultimate fears and have forced him to live them all over, and over again until…..he cracks.” Pitch explained. “Jack is brave he isn’t afraid of anything!” I snapped. Pitch laughed hysterically. “Oh but you see puny Viking he is. In fact he is more afraid now than he was when I first met him. Oh he was so weak and easily swayed then.” Pitch stated. “What will you do once he cracks?” Rapunzel asked as tears ran down her cheeks.  “Oh don’t cry Princess after all he did the chivalrous thing to do…. Save your life. I’m sure little Jackie would be heartbroken to find you crying over him.” Pitch cooed as he closed in on her. I signaled Toothless to protect Rapunzel. Toothless jumped in between Rapunzel and Pitch fierce and ready for battle. Pitch raised his hands in surrender and backed up. “Answer the question.” Merida demanded as she aimed an arrow at Pitch. “Or what you’ll stun me like you did a few minutes ago? I can’t die that easily you know. “ Pitch retorted as he sauntered closer to Merida. She suddenly added another two arrows to the one pointed at Pitch. “Maybe but that doesn’t mean I can’t try.” Merida said confidently. Pitch chuckled as he distanced himself slightly from her. “Once he cracks he’ll be nothing but a cold and empty shell, to do my bidding.” Pitch laughed. Rapunzel gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. Merida roared and released her arrow in anger. Pitch faded into the shadows once more, becoming invisible to us. Suddenly Jack’s form stirred. “Rapunzel!” He shouted Punzie stared at him in shock. She made her way closer to him. “How could you forget me Punzie?” He cried. Rapunzel shook with anger. “I haven’t Jack I’m right here!” She shouted at him as she reached for his hand. Suddenly his glazed eyes turned a dark gold, making him look more mischievous than he already was. “Rapunzel get away from him!” I shouted. She waved me off and inched closer to him. “Merida I’m so sorry it wasn’t my fault. I didn’t mean to leave….I’m-I’m sorry. Hiccup didn’t deserve to die! I should have died! Me!” Jack shouted as he closed his eyes tightly and convulsed. Merida looked at me questioningly. “It’s his nightmares; he’s losing us one by one.” I considered. Suddenly a bright white light appeared from Jack’s form. First it was dim but as his cries grew louder the light became brighter. “Jack! Fight it! It isn’t real! We are all right here!” I shouted. Soon the light became too overwhelming so I had to close my eyes in order to block out the blinding light. Jack groaned as the light he was emitting pulsed causing a powerful wind to pass through. The force was so great that I lost my balance and fell down. For a moment I blanked out but I was up on my feet once I heard Merida’s fire tongue. “Aye frosty once you wake up you is in for a beating of life time for knocking me over.” She warned. “Is that a promise?” A familiar voice asked. I let myself focus on the figure in front of me. He looked just like Jack except instead of his normal white hair, it was jet black. His eyes were a golden hue, and his skin seemed to have flecks of black sand covering him. “Jack?” I asked as I walked closer. “Depends who’s asking.” He quipped as he leaned against his staff.  “Hiccup, your best friend.” I stated. “Hmm nothing comes to mind perhaps you have the wrong Jack.” He laughed. “Jack it us.” Rapunzel said as she gestured to Merida, herself, and I. “And who is this alluring maiden?” Jack flirted as he grabbed Rapunzel and pulled her flush against him. “Jack snap out of it, It’s me Rapunzel.” She pleaded.  “Well if it’s this “Jack” that this runt was talking about then I’m your guy.” Jack laughed. “This isn’t funny Frosty drop the act and let’s go find Pitch.” Merida demanded. “Tsk tsk little lady wait your turn don’t worry there’s plenty of Jack Frost to go around.” Jack exclaimed as he twirled Rapunzel. Suddenly Pitch transfigured out of the shadows and appeared behind Jack. “Jack behind you!” I warned. Jack rolled his eyes at me and turned around. “May I introduce…..The new and improved Jack Frost.” Pitch introduced. Pitch placed his hands on Jack’s shoulders and leaned in towards to his ear. Pitch whispered something in his ear and then disappeared into the shadows once more. “Where did he go?” Merida asked. Jack shook his head as he laughed evilly. “Oh he left, he has more important things to do than deal with you three.” Jack explained as he twirled his staff. “He just left?” Rapunzel asked. “That’s right Princess, and he’s ordered me to take out the trash.” Jack answered.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.