THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 69- Betrayed

Rapunzel’s P.O.V

It all happened so fast. First Jack flew off and then I was all alone. I was fine of course but during that short time of waiting I began to doubt him all over again. Doubt and total fear ate away at me. I had just told jack how I truly felt about him. “Was he frightened? Did he not feel the same way towards me? Is that why he flew off?” I asked myself constantly. My only assumption led to the fact that Jack did not feel the same way therefore he ran away. It was the only possible reason; why else would he leave so abruptly literally moments after I poured my heart and soul out to him. “It all makes sense.” I cried to myself. All was silent even my tears so once I heard movement hope filled me again. “Please be Jack.” I thought to myself as I turned towards the noise. To my disappointment it was two complete strangers. They were twins it seemed. Both had ginger hair and had the same features as one another. “Who-who are you?” I stuttered as I slowly backed away from the two brutes that had suddenly approached me. “That’s not important sweet heart.” One of the men said as he pulled a large sack from behind his back. “What do you want?” I demanded. “We want you. You see somebody dropped by and gave us a little tip.” One of the twins explained. “It’s funny how desperate people become when they are on the brink of death. So you could imagine how much someone would pay to stay young and healthy forever.” The other brother added. “No! Stay away!” I shouted as I turned and ran away from them. As I ran I leaped over a log but just as I passed it my hair got snagged onto a branch that was connected to it. I panicked and tugged onto my hair. But it wouldn’t budge. In the distance on the shore I heard a few shouts and some ruckus, but due to the fog I couldn’t make out what was happening. “Rapunzel!” A voice shouted from the beach. I recognized that voice. It was Mother’s! Relief flooded me as I untangled my hair from the log and ran back towards the beach. Once I reached the beach the fog cleared and I saw Mother standing over the two brothers’ bodies. They were knocked out thanks to Mother. I figured this because when I saw her she held a large branch in her hands. She then dropped the branch and stared at me with open arms. “Come to mommy.” She whispered, and I did. Jack was still nowhere to be found and I worried for him. “Maybe he didn’t run. Maybe he was in trouble? I thought to myself. “Rapunzel are you alright?! Oh did they hurt you?!” Mother rambled as she checked me over. “I’m fine Mother, thanks to you.” I stated as I hugged her. “I think it’s time we went home dear.” She suggested as we pulled out of our hug.  As I pulled out of the hug I saw something in the distance. I squinted in order to make it out until it was finally clear. It was Jack and Pitch! They were together! “What?” I exclaimed in confusion. Jack was shaking hands with Pitch and conversing with him. Unfortunately they were too far away for me to hear them, but I figured whatever they were talking about was not good. “Rapunzel dear we need to go.” Mother suggested. I felt utterly betrayed. Jack had lied to me. He was working with Pitch this entire time! He filled my head full of hopes and dreams, but it was all for nothing. I was a fool. I thought…I thought I loved him. But I guess I was wrong. My heart was broken; there was no other way of explaining it. Everything was a lie. I could feel my emotions spilling over as my eyes blurred from the tears that were rolling down my cheeks. “C’mon Rapunzel let’s go.” Mother stated as she wrapped her arms around me and led me home. “I never want to see you ever again Jack Frost. I wish I never believed in you.” I cried. I regretted it all. I regretted leaving my tower and hurting my Mother. The only thing I got out of this was a broken heart. In truth I was very depressed once I arrived back to my tower. Mother tried comforting me by making me Hazelnut soup and giving me new paints but it never worked. “I hate to tell you so my dear but…I told you so. The world is a horrible place! If it finds the smallest ray of sunshine it destroys it! It’s just how it is my flower.” Mother explained as she helped take out all of the braids and flowers in my hair as we sat down on my bed. “I thought he loved me.” I sniffled. “Don’t fret dear. He was never worth your time anyways.” Mother chuckled. “There it never happened.” She sighed as she untangled the last braid and dropped the last flower into a basket.  “I’m making your favorite! Hazelnut soup! I’ll have it done in no time dear.” Mother exclaimed as she left my room and made her way downstairs towards the kitchen. No amount of food or caring love from my Mother could make me feel better at this point. Pascal even tried comforting me by perching himself by my side and chirping words of content. Of course I couldn’t understand what he was saying but I had gotten the gist. After dinner I went back upstairs to my room and opened my window. The sun had set and the stars were beginning to come out to help illuminate the sky. As I gazed out the window I couldn’t help but think about Hiccup and Merida. Berk was amazing and so adventurous. Even though it was as intimidating I still found it exciting and different. As for Merida’s home, I felt just as comfortable there. But why did I feel like a stranger in my own tower? “Something doesn’t feel right?” I thought to myself as I leaned out my window and stared at the rising moon. Pascal climbed up to the window sill and chirped loudly to get my attention. “What is it Pascal?” I asked. The small chameleon rolled his wide eyes at me and pointed out the window with his tail. “What? What are you pointing at?” I questioned. It took me a moment until I figured out that Pascal was pointing straight at the moon. “M.I.M…” I trailed as I stared longingly at the bright eyes of the moon. “It can’t be true. I loved him! Why?!” I shouted at M.I.M. “He was my new dream.” I cried.

None of theses characters are mine. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.