THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 76 - To Fight for Love

Merida’s P.O.V

We were closing in, time was running short and the end was nearing. The sky was darkened, and the Moon was concealed by a mass of dark clouds that rumbled with loud booming thunder. On the back of a dragon we were only a short moments from Burgess, and the battle with Pitch was bound to occur. Jack was trapped in Pitch’s warped reality down below the earth and I could only hope that he was still alive. What with Jack turning into a fearling last time he was left with Pitch I could only hope that it wouldn’t happen again. I never thought I would say this but I was afraid. We were diving head first into battle with no strategy and no plan. In truth we didn’t need one, we had all we needed. Rapunzel was the key to ending this battle, and only she could heal Pitch’s broken heart. As we flew closer and closer towards our mighty battle, I looked back on my family. My wee brothers were surely raiding the kitchen as we speak. The little devils always managed to get past Maudie, and the Cook. Of course if Mother caught them they never had a chance. She was a queen after all and she spent her days sending people straight and that included me. I missed her dearly along with my father. I had left in a time of oncoming war, and my people were frightened. They had no knowledge of Pitch’s control of the Outcasts and the armies that were nearing. But with hopefully with Pitch’s defeat everything will right itself. I was prepared to go down fighting, and I know Hiccup and Toothless were as well. After all Rapunzel had could just bring us back if we did die, at least that was what I liked to hope. But now in the face of battle I was ready to fight for those I loved and cared about, even if that meant the end. I was ready to die. Of course thinking like that would have brought anyone down but I was more pumped up now than ever. I wanted to fend for us all even though I was scared. I had too many people that counted on me, people who counted on all of us! The children, the Guardians, the whole world counted on us, and I wasn’t about to let them all down.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.