THE BIG FOUR STORY:Chapter 30 - Welcome to Berk

Merida's P.O.V

We flew for what seemed hours and the Northern weather was starting to get to me. I shivered involuntarily. “Are you cold?” Hiccup suddenly asked me. “He must have felt me shiver.” I thought to myself. “A bit.” I admitted. “Goodness Jack couldn’t you turn up the air just a bit?” I asked Jack as he swerved in front of us with Rapunzel in his arms. “I’m not even making it cold, that’s just how it is up here.” Jack stated with a cruel smirk. I groaned in frustration. “Here hold on a second.” Hiccup stated as he turned one of his stirrups with his prosthetic leg. He turned his body so he could reach into one of the saddle bags. Hiccup pulled out a thick wool blanket and placed it over my shoulders gently. “Better?” He asked. “Yes, thank you Hiccup.” I said gratefully. “So why aren’t you so keen on going to Berk?” I asked. “Um well remember I kind of left unexpectedly, I’ll have a lot of explaining to do.” He stated. “Oh right.” I sighed. “I should probably warn you my friends on Berk are a little……” Hiccup trailed. “Weird.” Jack added. “Different.” Hiccup corrected. “Same thing.” Jack stated as he rolled his eyes. “Not a problem, I’ve met your Dad before when he came to Scotland so you don’t have to warn me about him either.” I joked. “That is a plus.” Hiccup joked back. “Look!” Rapunzel shouted as she pointed towards the horizon. In the distance you could faintly see a rocky formation that was blurred by fog. “That’s Berk.” Hiccup stated. Toothless rumbled softly. “I know Bud, you want to show off.” Hiccup whispered to his dragon. I smiled knowing he wanted to show off as well. “Well go on then.” I stated. “What?” Hiccup asked. “I want to see what you and Toothless can do.” I stated. Hiccup smiled calmly at me. “Alright hold on tight.” He warned. I tightened my grip on him as I felt Toothless speed up. Suddenly we dived straight down towards the icy sea. Rocks appeared out of the fog and Hiccup steered us through the deadly maze. We then shot upwards towards the sky. “Alright bud I think that’s good for now.” Hiccup stated as he patted the side of Toothless’ head. But Toothless just whipped his head so his ears slapped Hiccup hand. “Oh no.” Hiccup groaned. “What’s wrong?” I asked. Suddenly Toothless spun rapidly causing everything around us to blur, he then did numerous loops until Toothless had his fill. “Uh sorry Merida, he’s not usually like this.” Hiccup tried. “That was incredible!” I shouted as I let go of Hiccup and put my arms in the air. The wind blew my outrageous curls out of my face letting me see the scenery around us. Berk was finally completely visible now. You could see the various dragons flying around and the small herds of sheep on the rocky hills. The sun was setting and a beautiful sunset colored the sky. A mixture of bright colors painted the sky and the reflection of it on the ocean seemed almost like a mirror. “This is beautiful.” I stated. “Not as beautiful as you Princess.” Hiccup stated. I turned to look at him but he automatically looked away. “I mean yeah it a pretty good darn sunset, one of the many beauties of Berk.” Hiccup tried as he laughed awkwardly. “Thanks Hiccup.” I laughed. I then leaned forward and wrapped my arms around him once again. He let out a deep breath as I leaned my head against his back. “He’s always so nervous.” I laughed to myself. We landed silently in the arena and dismounted Toothless. “How was the little detour?” Jack asked Hiccup as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Hiccup just laughed and shoved him playfully. “Merida, how was the ride with Hiccup?” Rapunzel asked me with a sweet smile. “It was fun.” I stated knowing the boys were listening. “Fun that’s it?” Jack asked. “Shut it Jack.” Hiccup commanded as he shoved him again. “Baaaaaa!” A sheep called. “What the?” Jack asked. A small sheep was standing idly at the opening of the arena. “Fungus?!” A voice called. “Oh no not him, please anybody but him.” Hiccup begged. “Who?” Rapunzel and I said in unison. “Mildew.” Hiccup answered. Suddenly a tall, thin Viking entered the arena. “There you are Fungus, naughty little thing you know how dangerous it is to walk alone on this horrible island filled with-“Mildew stared. “DRAGON!” Mildew shouted as he pointed towards Toothless. Toothless rumbled softly at the screaming old man. “Relax Mildew it’s just Toothless.” Hiccup tried as he walked towards him. “Oh Hiccup.” Mildew sighed. “Your dragon had gone and almost scared me to death!” He yelled. “Those dragons need to go! Oh I’m going to have to have a word about this with your Father!” Mildew threatened. Jack circled him. “Look at this guy. He’s not alright in the head is he Hiccup?” Jack asked. Hiccup just chuckled and nodded his head no. “What’s so funny boy?” Mildew sneered. “Nothing.” Hiccup sighed. “Hiccup should we take off Toothless’ saddle?” Rapunzel asked. “Eh? Who else is out there?” Mildew questioned. “No one Mildew you should head home and get some rest you must be hearing things.” Hiccup stated as he pushed Mildew out of the arena. “Goodnight Mildew.” Hiccup bid as the cranky man walked away with his sheep Fungus under his arm muttering to himself. “Phew.” Hiccup sighed as he wiped his forehead. “You should have let me have some fun with him before you sent him off to bed Hiccup.” Jack teased. “Trust me there would be no fun in that.” Hiccup said. “Come here bud.” Hiccup called to Toothless. The dragon obeyed and walked towards Toothless. Hiccup slipped the saddle and all the other steering tools off his dragon. Rapunzel yawned loudly but attempted to cover it with her hand. “Tired Punzie?” I asked her. “Yeah it’s been a long day.” She stated. “We can all sleep at my house and in the morning we can get organized.” Hiccup yawned. “Sounds good.” I agreed. Jack flew to Rapunzel’s side silently. “You alright Punzie?” He asked her. “Yeah just a bit sleepy that’s all.” She yawned again. She leaned her head on his shoulder as we walked through the village in silence. We eventually reached Hiccup’s house. It was well furnished for a Viking’s house, than again it was the chieftain’s house. We all squeezed into the front door. “Everyone be quiet.” Hiccup commanded. Hiccup’s Father was fast asleep in a large chair near a small fire pit. His mouth was wide open and he was snoring loudly. “He snores just like Dad.” I thought to myself as I was feeling a little bit homesick. “Upstairs.” Hiccup whispered as he pointed up the stairs. Hiccup’s room was small with a twin sized bed a small wooden desk, and a slab of stone for Toothless to lie on. Toothless automatically jumped onto his slab of stone and curled up. “G’night Bud.” Hiccup yawned. “Rapunzel and Merida can have the bed.” Hiccup offered. Rapunzel instantly threw herself onto the bed and falls asleep. “I guess she really was tired.” Jack laughed. “Good night boys.” I bid as I too collapsed onto the bed and fell asleep.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.