THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 77 - Ladies First

Rapunzel’s P.O.V

And here we were, rushing to face the greatest threat any of us had ever known. Jack was imprisoned in Pitch’s Lair. I prayed for his safety and hoped that he was still in one piece. We rode Toothless to Burgess and now the familiar trees were coming into view. The snow on the land that was present before was now completely melted. My heart twinged at the thought of Jack dead, but I quickly erased that thought from my mind. I was terrified to face the darkness within the lair. I was the key to destroying Pitch for good and I could be the one to rid the world of darkness, and subdue the fear.  This journey was overall exciting. I met so many people and saw so many different lands. Everyone had a home; I thought I did too. But now with the truth revealed I knew where I truly belonged. I was the lost princess and I belonged in the kingdom of Corana. I told myself I couldn’t return though until I ensured a safe and positive future for my kingdom. I was afraid of the outcome of this battle against Pitch but I was prepared to see it to the end. Jack was in need and so was the rest of the world. We were ready to finally take down Pitch for good. Toothless carried us to Jack’s pond, from there we wandered until we finally came across the entrance to Pitch’s Lair. A broken, wooden bed  acted as a gateway to the dark, deep hole that traveled far below the earth. Raw, evil power radiated from the opening and the sounds of whispers and cries echoed from within. “Ladies first?” Hiccup joked. Merida chuckled in response before shoving Hiccup down the hole first. “That would be you Hic!” She laughed. Quickly Toothless followed behind Hiccup and dived into the entrance. Merida than too joined them but I remained hesitant. Suddenly Pascal crawl out of my hair and onto my shoulder. “Pascal?! What are you doing here?” I asked the chameleon. Sometimes I genuinely forgot about his presence, the reptile was always so quiet and normal hid when other people were around but somehow he always managed to appear at just the right moment.  Pascal chirped words of confidence and indicated that I should go and help my friends. “You always know exactly what to say Pascal.” I stated as I approached the opening to the lair and jumped straight in. As I fell down, down, down the light from above disappeared and was quickly exchanged with pure darkness. 

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. All these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.