THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 52 - Nervous

Merida's P.O.V

“Really Jack?! Now I’m cold!” Hiccup exclaimed as he swatted the snowflake off his nose. “You think that’s cold?” Jack laughed as he rubbed his hands together and paused. “I’ll show you cold.” He threatened jokingly. “I think there’s no need for a presentation Jack.” I interrupted as I placed my hand on his shoulder. Jack only shrugged me off and chuckled. “What are we going to do about Toothless?” Hiccup asked. “Oh that’s right!” I groaned. Rapunzel turned towards Toothless and patted him gently. “What do you mean?” She asked.  “Well remember the whole bear story I told you about Punzie?” I tried. Rapunzel nodded her head yes to my question. “Well I don’t think the clans will take too kindly to another beast.” I explained. Toothless snorted in response. “Sorry I meant dragon.” I corrected. “Aw but Toothless is so well trained!” Rapunzel exclaimed with a quick wink towards Hiccup. Jack instantly straightened once he saw that Hiccup was receiving Rapunzel’s attention. “I’ll stay with him.” Jack stated as he made his way towards Rapunzel. She was scratching the dragons head and the reptile purred in response. Pascal suddenly appeared on top of Rapunzel’s shoulder. The small chameleon chirped at Toothless who rumbled in response. “Looks like I get to be the reptile baby sitter…..yay.” Jack stated with a slight chuckle. “Hey you’ve baby-sitted kids before so this will be a breeze compared to that.” Hiccup wise cracked. Jack gently shoved his friend causing Hiccup to stagger a bit. “We’ll be back tonight, so you won’t have to be alone with them for long.” I explained as I swung my quiver over my shoulder. “I’ll try my best to convince them that Toothless isn’t dangerous.” I quickly added. “Merida what’s wrong?” Rapunzel and Jack both asked in unison.  I turned to them and shot them a questioning look.  “What do you mean?” I asked. Hiccup shot me a look of understanding. “Don’t worry Merida, it will be okay.” He stated as he grasped my hand. Hiccup was well aware of the sudden dread I was feeling. I had left without a single word, no note, no message, nothing. My family must have been completely heartbroken of the thought of me running away. “I’m no coward.” I thought to myself as I raised my head and brought my eyes towards Jack and Rapunzel. “I’m just a little nervous to face my family right now.” I admitted. Rapunzel smiled at me softly before running towards me. She hugged me tightly and buried her face in my red curls.  “You’ll be fine.” She stated as she pulled out of the hug. “Worst case scenario you could always be the one to reptile sit.” Jack teased. I stuck out my tongue in response before turning on my heal and heading towards home. Hiccup chuckled at me as he followed right behind.  I glanced over my shoulder to see Rapunzel conversing with Jack, their words hushed. I rolled my eyes at the two lovebirds and continued onward. Hiccup quickly jogged to my side in order to catch up with me. “Rapunzel decided to stay behind with Jack.” He stated. “How come?” I asked naively. Hiccup shot me a look of disbelief before laughing. “Isn’t it obvious?” He laughed. “Well yeah but…”I trailed. “You’re still worried?” Hiccup asked obviously catching on that I was freaking out on the inside. Hiccup grabbed my hand again and soothingly rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand in reassurance. “It will be fine.” He stated as the Castle began to come into view. “I hope so.” I silently prayed.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.