THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 89 - Forget About Me

Rapunzel’s P.O.V

I watched sadly as the team became separated again. Hiccup and Merida left with Pitch on the back of Toothless through the opening in the ceiling. Once the sunlight filled the room it felt so much warmer. The snow from Jack’s power began to melt under the sun’s heat, while the icicles dripped likewise. Around us broken rock and rubble weighed down on the melted snow. I stepped under the hole in the ceiling and leaned back and dipped my head. I closed my eyes and soaked in the warmth. So much had happen, this whole thing has been quite the adventure. “Rapunzel?” Jack called. I opened my eyes to see the Jack stood a great way away. He lingered in the sun oddly and maneuvered around the rocks and rubble. “Are you okay?” He asked. He then stepped beside me and looked out of the hole in the ceiling. I looked up with him before answering. “More or less.” I sighed. I stared at the cloudless sky above. It seemed to be at least midday according to the height of the sun, but I couldn’t figure out why that mattered so much to me. “I never got the chance to apologize.” Jack murmured as he gently touched the broken ends of my hair. “It’s okay Jack. Yes, at first I was mad but once I figured out what really happened and I realized that I shouldn’t be. Everything had been a lie. My life has been a lie.” I exhaled.  Jack quickly grabbed my hands and faced me. He held them up as he stared directly at me.  “No! Your life isn’t a lie. This all happened! This is all true. Hiccup and Merida are true. Your Parents are true. They’ve been looking for you all this time. Those lanterns were for you Rapunzel; no one else. “Jack explained. I pulled my hands away from him and turned away. “I know, but what if they aren’t what I expect.” I cried. Jack laughed and flew over me so that he landed in front of me. “They’re your parents! They love you Rapunzel, and I think both of you have waited long enough.” He stated as he twirled his staff. I nodded yes but something deep within me was nervous. I could only hope that I was all they expected.  “Do you think when this is all over; you could come with me to meet them?” I asked Jack seriously. “Of course! But you have to promise me something.” Jack replied. “Anything!” I exclaimed. I watched Jack leap from the ground to on top of a nearby boulder. “You have to promise me that when this is all over, that you will forget about me.” Jack sighed sadly. Confusion, sadness, and even anger washed over me all at once because if his words. “What?! Jack what are you trying to say?” I cried. Jack sat on the rock and sighed as he laid his staff over his lap. “Not just you, Hiccup and Merida have to as well.” He explained. “But Jack….” I trailed. “Rapunzel, I’m very different than the three of you. I’m immortal; it’s just that I’m too different. “He tried. I sprung forward and practically pushed him off of his perch on the rock. Jack fell back into the melting snow and looked up at me towering over him. “You’re being ridiculous!” I shouted. “Rapunzel you have to realize that-“ He tried but I wouldn’t hear it. I punch him and flayed my arms at him in attempt to shut him up. “Rapunzel! Stop!” Jack shouted as he grabbed my arms and brought me down with him. Together we fell into the snow. Jack was over me pinning my arms above my head. “Rapunzel….You have to realize that we’re just too different!” He shouted. Suddenly we both went silent as we stared at each other. In that moment I completely fell apart. I began to cry; tears spilled over and rushed down my cheeks. In all honesty I felt slightly embarrassed to cry this hard in front of him, but I was too upset to care. I watched Jack’s face turn from angry to sad in a blink of an eye. He sat back and released my arms as I cried. I sat up and tried to rub the tears away but it was useless. “Rapunzel, just think about it. I’m going to live forever. I can’t sit by and watch you live your life waiting for me. I can’t watch you grow old and die. I just can’t! You deserve to live your life and find a man to spend your life with.  I’ve come to terms with it Rapunzel, I just need you to now.” Jack explained. In truth I hadn’t even thought about how our lives would be together. My head and thoughts were so filled with the mission at hand that I never took a moment to think about our relationship’s future. “Jack, I don’t understand why. I’ve always believed in you, and even loved you.” I revealed. He quickly faced me and took my hands again. “Rapunzel never for a single moment do I want you to think I didn’t love you. The reason I’m doing this is because….is because I truly love you with all of my heart. “Jack stated as he lifted his hand to my face. His icy touch gave me goose bumps as I leaned my cheek against his cheek. “I don’t understand why though! I love you! And you love me! I can’t let you go!” I cried as I ripped away from his touch. Jack lowered his head sadly before explaining. “Rapunzel I’ll always be there if you need me, just not in the way you think. It’s best this way. I want you to live the life that was taken from you when you were trapped in that tower. Become the Princess I know you can be! I need you to do that for me. Live your life for the both of us.” Jack begged. I quickly ran to him and hugged him tightly. I understood the reason why now, but I didn’t like it. I loved Jack, but it was too hard for us to be together, especially now when everything is said and done. Jack wrapped his arms around me tightly and buried his face in my neck. “I love you Rapunzel.” He whispered. I pulled out of the hug and looked at him curiously. He took that moment to place his hand under my chin. Gently he tipped my head upward as he leaned in closely. Our lips met for a sweet and chaste kiss. It wasn’t meant to be sensual, it was meant to represent the love between us. It was true and pure, and it was a promise. I knew now that Jack wanted me to live my life without him. Even though I loved him, I felt that this was something I had to do. 

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.