THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 12 - A new mission

Hiccup's P.O.V

We reached the dragon training academy in record time. Toothless and I came in first, Astrid and Stormfly came in second, Ruffnut, Tuffnut, Barf, and Belch came in third, then Snotlout and Hookfang came in fourth. Fishlegs and Meatlug had finished dead last. “It’s alright girl you tried your best.” Fishlegs comforted. “Looks like you have to stay and clean up after training Fishlegs.” Astrid reminded. Fishlegs sighed deeply as he dismounted his dragon. “Yeah I figured.” He stated. “Don’t worry Fishlegs Toothless and I will stay and help you.” I exclaimed. Fishlegs lit up as I offered to help. “Thanks Hiccup.” Fishlegs acknowledged.  “Alright guys so let’s get cracking.” I stated as I pulled out the book of dragons from Toothless’ saddle bag. I opened the book and turned to a blank page and started writing. “Are you adding something to the book of dragons Hiccup?” Fishlegs asked as he looked over my shoulder. “Yeah, just tweaking the mystery class section.” I responded. “Let me guess you’re adding something about Toothless.” Snotlout said rudely. “Would you expect him not to?” Astrid huffed as she crossed her arms. I closed the book and stuffed it back into Toothless’ saddle bag. “Alright let’s start with hand signals training.” I stated. The group groaned in unison at my statement. “What?” I asked. “We pretty much have that down Hiccup.” Astrid stated. “Alright maybe we should just spend the first session today tending to them?’ I asked. They all nodded their heads and walked up to their dragons. After a few hours of grooming and other tending methods we started battle practice. Each of us practiced our dragon’s strengths and by the time we were done the sun had begun to set. Everyone had gone home except Fishlegs and I. We spent the next thirty minutes cleaning up the arena, and once we were done we bid each other goodnight and headed or separate ways home. As Toothless and I walked through the front door I saw my Dad fast asleep in his large chair by the fire. I chuckled quietly at my Dad’s loud snoring and the way he slept with his mouth wide open. “Come on Toothless upstairs.” I said as I pointed up the stairs. Toothless obeyed and trotted up the stairs into my room. I followed him into my room and sat at my desk. Toothless shot a small plasma blast to heat his bed before he curled up on it. I yawned loudly and Toothless shot me a “go to bed” look. I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to my desk. I spent the next hour scribbling new blue prints for Toothless’ tail until a sudden thud came from the roof. I looked up at the ceiling as the sound echoed.  I glanced at Toothless and saw that he was fast asleep. As I turned back to my desk I glimpsed out my window. Instead of the usually view of Berk I was expecting when I looked out my window, there was a face looking straight back at me. “What the?!” I cried as I fell out of my chair. “There he is!” The face said as he squeezed inside from outside the window. I crawled to the other side of the room quickly and got to my feet. “Who are you?” I asked as help up a very small dagger. “What? Oh come on Jack must have told you about me.” The old man said in a Russian accent. I took a moment to look him over before I answered him. He was a large man with a long white beard. He wore a big red coat and some sort of hat; he also held two swords at his hip. “Santa Clause.” I said in realization. “Ahahaha! There we go! Call me North, now come closer Hiccup I have important news for you.” He stated as he waved his hand. I dropped the dagger and came closer. “Is this about something Jack did, because if it is I had no part in whatever he did?” I tried. North boomed with laughter. “No this is about you.” He stated. “Oh.” I exclaimed. “Well what is it?” I questioned. “You have been chosen.” North started. “Chosen? Chosen for what?” I asked. “Man in Moon has chosen four people.  He has chosen you, he also chose Jack.” North explained. “Who are the other two?” I asked. “Jack should be picking up one of them right now. As for the other one we have not approached yet.” North clarified. “So what is it you need me for?” I asked. “I do not know yet.” He answered. “Oh great.” I stated as I scratched the back of my head. “You must join all of us at the Pole.” North exclaimed. “The Pole? As in the North Pole?” I asked. North nodded his head yes as he crossed his arms. “Jack is going to be there?” I inquired. “He should be.” North answered.  “Alright when should I meet you at the North Pole?” I questioned. North’s eyes widened in surprise. “I was not expecting you to agree right away.” He laughed. “Well yeah you know I’m full of surprises.” I said sarcastically. “You should leave for the Pole some time tomorrow.” North stated. “How will I know where to go?” I asked. “Here take this.” North said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a snow globe. He handed it to me and I took it carefully. “Just shake it gently, tell it your destination, and then throw it.” North directed. “And what a map will come out of it?” I said as I rolled the snow globe in my hands. North chuckled and clasped his large hand on my shoulder causing me to jump. “No a portal will open.” He stated nonchalantly. “Ok….” I trailed in disbelief. “Bring any essentials you need.” North said as he began crawling out the window. “Your dragon too!” He added. I stuck my head out the window to see him mount his impressive sleigh. “Merry Christmas Hiccup!” He yelled as he took off into the night sky. “It’s March.” I thought to myself. North and his sleigh had flown off then disappeared inside a portal leaving no trace that he had been there.  I sat back into the chair and sighed. “What have I just agreed to?” I groaned. I then cleared my desk and tided my papers before I threw myself onto my bed and retired for the night.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all characters are owned by either Disney or Dreamworks.