THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 58 - Inner Demons

Jack’s P.O.V

I took off without a second thought; the Outcasts need to be stopped before more innocent blood is spilt. I flew across the main land until I reached the coast. In the distance I could make out an armada of ships. The Outcasts were coming. I waved my staff and let out my power at its full strength. Quickly the ocean began to freeze over. Snow fell from the sky and frost climbed onto anything and everything.  “That should do it.” I sighed in relief. I turned to make my way back to the castle but a short chuckle stopped me. I turned to see Pitch floating on a cloud of nightmare sand. “I must admit Jack I didn’t think you’d get back on your feet as fast as you did.” Pitch laughed. “Pitch?!” I exclaimed as I readied my staff. “Relax Jack I’m not here to fight.” He stated calmly as he raised his arms in surrender. “You said that last time and look what happened.” I barked back. “I see you’ve still got a bit of him in you.” Pitch chuckled. “What are you talking about?” I demanded as I aimed my staff at him. “Those nightmares will never go away Jack. They will always be there; therefore your inner demons will come to light. You are still your darker self. “He explained. I thought back to when I gave into the nightmares. I lost Rapunzel, Hiccup, and Merida all at once. I let the fear control me. “No you’re wrong! Rapunzel healed me! She healed my broken heart!” I retorted.  “That is true, but you will never forget the nightmare Jack.” Pitch explained.  “So?” I inquired. “There is still darkness in you, you aren’t yourself, and I can see it.” Pitch laughed. Panic washed over me. There was nothing more I feared than hurting my friends, or losing them.  “You will fall to the darkness again and there’s nothing you can do to stop it.” Pitch laughed evilly. “Shut up!” I shouted as I fired my staff at him. Pitch used his nightmare sand as a shield before charging me.  He came so quickly at me that I had no time to dodge. Pitch used his nightmare sand to restrain me. As the sand wrapped around me like a rope my staff fell from my grip clattering to the ground below. “You’re just like me Jack.” He cooed as he wore an impish grin. Pitch leaned in close and looked me over. “You know if you had just joined me the first time this would have never had happened. Your friends would have never been involved; they would be safe from you.” Pitch explained. “It’s you who’s endangering them!” I shouted.  “No Jack it’s you.” Pitch stated. “It’s you who will be your friend’s end.” He whispered. “No…No!” I shouted.  “Face it Jack, you’ve taken your friends away from their lives, you’ve taken Rapunzel away from her Mother. What could be worse than that?” Pitch chuckled. “You said Gothel wasn’t her real Mother.” I retorted. “Ah yes she isn’t, but she doesn’t know that.” Pitch huffed. I strained against my bonds. “How can you expect her to trust you if you tell her that Gothel isn’t her real Mother? She’ll realize that her life has been a total lie, and that can destroy a person. I hope you haven’t told her yet?” Pitch rambled.  “No, but she needs to know!” I exclaimed. “Tsk, tsk, Jack were you not listening to what I had just said? The truth will destroy her!” Pitch shouted as he caused my bonds to tighten even more. “Why do you care?” I coughed out. Pitch only grinned in response. “I know her Mother fairly well, and let’s just say she doesn’t want her little flower to leave her.” He chuckled.  I recalled the first time I saw Rapunzel and her Mother. She had sung a small incantation that caused Gothel to appear younger. “Rapunzel is what’s keeping her alive, isn’t she?” I inquired. “Now you’ve got it Frost!” Pitch exclaimed. “And she came to you to get Rapunzel back?” I added. “She did, but I demanded payment first. She’s been gathering the Outcasts for me and instructing them, while I am on leave.” Pitch explained.  “Why are you telling me all of this?” I asked. “Because Jack, you always make a mess where ever you go, and I can’t wait to see what kind of mess you make out of this one.” Pitch answered. I strained against the bonds again but it was futile, I couldn’t move. “You know even if you defeat us Pitch, you’ll still have the Guardians to deal with.” I retorted. “Yes, but your ‘Fun’ won’t be in my way this time.” Pitch stated. “You plan to get rid of me? Aw Pitch I thought we were finally getting to know one another!” I teased.  Pitch’s grin dropped as I spat rude statements and sarcastic remarks. “I grow tired of you Frost; I think it’s time for us to depart, but not without this.” Pitch stated as he loosened my bonds and let me fall all the way back down to the Earth. I hit the ground hard, and rolled to my side. I watched as Pitch disappeared within the shadows. I tried to steady myself but felt out of place without my staff. “Where is it?” I asked myself as I scanned the area. To my right I saw that the staff was sitting idly on the ground. I let out a sigh of relief as I walked over to it and picked it up. “What am I going to tell Rapunzel? I can’t bring her back to her mother after all of this!” I told myself as I made my way back to the castle. “If Gothel had been working with Pitch up till this point that could only mean that this is centered all around her. “ I concluded. The castle was coming into view. It was snowing now thanks to me but it wasn’t heavy enough to cause too much panic. A little snow fall and drop in temperature was the only way to ensure that the ice would stay frozen.  

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended. A of the character are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.