THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 80 - Useless

Rapunzel’s P.O.V

After darkness took me I found myself in my tower once more. I saw idly on the floor brushing my hair. I was alone, or so I thought. “Oh my dear flower could you sing for mother?” Gothel asked as she stepped out of the shadows. “No! I will never let you use my hair ever again!” I shouted. “Oh, well that’s not what Mother wants now is it?” Gothel asked. “You are not my Mother!” I shouted as I backed away towards the window. “Don’t be so ridiculous Rapunzel! I don’t have time for this and neither do your friends.” Gothel laughed as she pointed out the window. I leaned out the window to see what she was pointing at. Down below at the foot of the tower I saw Merida, Hiccup, Toothless, and Jack dead. Each one had a different wound. Merida had three arrows protruding for her chest. Blood stained her winter green dress, and her hair was draped over her face. Hiccup was burned to ash; his skin was sickly black and his flesh reeked like rotting meat. Toothless was curled up beside Hiccup protectively. The dragon was still alive, but barely. A sword was sticking out of his back while he breathed heavily. Not that far away was Jack. His staff was broken in his hands and his hair was black just like when he was turned into a fearling by Pitch. Jack was unmoving though so I too proclaimed him dead. The ground beneath his body was covered in a layer of ice and snow, while grass and flowers grew around him. “I need to help them!” I shouted as I quickly climbed out the window. I used my hair to guide myself down, and then quickly made my way to Merida, for she was the closest. “Merida! Oh dear, don’t worry Merida I’m going to fix this.” I cried. Gently I pushed her curls out of her face and pulled the arrows from her chest. Blood spurted forth by the action and I immediately panicked. “Oh no!” I exclaimed as I placed my hair over her wound.  “Flower, gleam and glow, let your power shine…” I started. To my utter shock my hair did not begin to glow. It remained its same ordinary color and did not heal Merida’s wound. I repeated the song over and over again but nothing happened. “Why isn’t it working?!” I cried as I ran over to Hiccup. The boy was practically fried, and I could barely stand the smell of his burning flesh. “Hiccup, you’re going to be fine. I’ve got this.” I promised as I placed my hair over him like a blanket. I sang the Healing Incantation but it had the same result. Nothing happened, Hiccup’s and Merida’s wounds were still there! They were still dead! I refused to give up as I ran over to Toothless. The dragon was barely breathing now. “Hey there big guy, it’s Punzie. I’m going to try to heal you okay?” I stated as I put my hair on him jys like I did with the others. The dragon growled in content as I sang but once I was finished he was already gone. “Toothless?” I called. The dragon did not budge or respond in any way.  I felt utterly powerless at this point. I couldn’t save my friends. I felt myself fall into utter despair as I wandered over to Jack. Unlike the others Jack did not appear to have a mortal wound. His skin was covered in a thick layer of ice and his hair was black. He physically resembled his evil self, rather than his true self. “Jack?” I called. There was no response as I expected. So I lay beside his body looking at up at him. Though the ground was cold I ignore the sharpness from the ice. “Please be alive.” I silently prayed. “Miss me doll?” Jack asked as he sat up. I quickly sprang up and distanced myself from him. Jack never spoke to me in that tone. This was Dark Jack. I should have guessed it by the difference in hair color but I was too blinded by my sorrow to notice. “You! I thought you were dead.” I choked out. “Nah I was just waiting for you. You see I’ve missed my favorite plaything. “ Dark Jack laughed as he reassembled his staff.  “No! Stay away! I don’t want you here! I just want Jack! I want my friends back!” I cried. Suddenly Dark Jack burst out laughing at me. “Well they definitely aren’t coming back.” He stated as he pointed at Hiccup, Merida, and Toothless.  “Why not?” I asked.  “Because I killed them, and I’m pretty sure you couldn’t heal them am I right?” Dark Jack responded. I didn’t answer him at first I was still in shock by the fact that this was all happening. “Please…. I just want to wake up from this nightmare.” I begged.  Nightmare. Nightmare! Realization hit me. I was in a nightmare. This wasn’t real. I let out a deep sigh of relief. I was so scared that my friends were all dead, and then this egotistic jerk returns in Jack’s body. IN truth those were my two biggest fears. Dark Jack had become a sort of nightmare that didn’t just threaten me, but my friends as well. That fact that I couldn’t save anyone made this nightmare even worse. But now that I had come to terms that this wasn’t real I knew what I needed to do: I needed to wake up.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.