THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 61- The Team has a Meeting

Merida’s P.O.V

“Well done Merida.” My mum praised as she embraced me. I couldn’t help but feel proud of Hiccup as he finally presented his worth to all of the clans and my parents. “He looks rather handsome on that beast, don’t you think Merida?” My mother teased as she pushed me playfully. I blushed and turned away from my mother. I could tell by her laughter that she knew exactly what I thought of Hiccup. I tried to distract myself from my mum so I looked out towards the crowd. There I saw most of them watching Hiccup show off, but in the midst I saw Jack. He was casually standing beside Rapunzel, who was watching Hiccup. At first I saw nothing wrong with this picture until I noticed Jack slip something into his front pocket of his sweater. “Excuse me mum.” I stated before leaving her side to interrogate Jack. Rapunzel saw me approach them and smiled her welcoming smile. “Hey Merida.” She greeted. I waved in response but turned to Jack. “What’s in your pocket?” I demanded.  “I’ll tell you later, but first the four of us need to sit down and talk.” Jack explained. “About?” I inquired. “Our gameplan.” Jack answered. “Okay, meet us in my room. I’ll fetch Hiccup.” I instructed. Jack nodded his head in response as he offered his arm to Rapunzel who took it without any hesitation. It was sweet to see how comfortable the two had become with one another over time, but something told me Jack would be the one to break her fragile heart. “Hiccup!” I called. He was guiding Toothless to land just before the castle, but as he did the clans surrounded him and cheered.  He dismounted Toothless and instructed him to return to the forest in order to avoid the now swelling crowd. Toothless did so while Hiccup shook hands with various types of people who were apart of the clans. Once they dispersed Hiccup finally reached me. “We are having a meeting.” I stated. “About?” Hiccup inquired. “Our gameplan.” I answered just as Jack hand answered me. “Alright then, let’s go.” Hiccup stated as he clasped his hand in mine. I tensed slightly at first thinking about how the clans would react if they saw this but thankfully none of them did. So I in turn tightened my grip on his hand and pulled him along with me. We entered the castle and walked up the stairs and down the hall to my room. Hiccup opened the door for me and we slipped inside. Jack was looking out the window casually while Rapunzel was admiring one of my mum’s tapestries. “So the gangs all here, huh?” Hiccup chuckled. Hiccup, Rapunzel, and I all sat down on the floor to begin out meeting. Jack peeled himself reluctantly from the window and joined us. “So any idea what it is?” Hiccup asked Jack. “What are you talking about?” I questioned. “A wisp led us to that.” Rapunzel answered as Jack pulled a small cylinder shaped box out of his front pocket. “What is it?” I asked. “It’s a memory box.” Jack answered as he placed the box on the ground beside him. I looked at Jack questioningly as did Hiccup and Rapunzel. “Well you know how I’m the guardian of Fun, right?” Jack started. “Yeah.” I huffed impatiently. “North is the guardian of wonder, Sandy is the guardian of dreams, and the Kangaroo is the guardian of hope.” Jack explained. “What about Tooth?” Rapunzel asked. “She is the guardian of childhood memories.” Jack answered. “But isn’t she the Tooth Fairy?” Hiccup asked. “She is, but there’s a reason for that. Children’s teeth hold a memory, that’s why she collects them. When the children are in the dark and feel like something is missing, she uses their teeth to help them remember and keep believing.” Jack explained.  “Okay so where does this box tie in?” I asked. Jack lifted the golden box and rolled it in his hands gently. “My memories were held in a box just like this, as is everyone else’s in the world. But all of them are guarded heavily in Tooth’s palace.” Jack explained. “Except for this one.” Hiccup added.  “So what did she just accidently miss place it or something?” I concluded. “Maybe whoever’s memories theses are didn’t want them in anyone else’s hands.” Hiccup stated. “My thoughts exactly.” Jack chuckled.  “Any idea who’s memories these are?” Rapunzel questioned as she gestured to the box. “I have one.” Jack huffed as he picked up the box again. He turned it on its flat side and used his sleeve to shine it up and clear some of the rust covering it. He then turned it again so it was facing us. On the flat side there was a face of Pitch. “These are Pitch’s memories?!” I exclaimed. “Yes, but I think these memories were before he became the King of Nightmares.” Jack stated. “What do you mean?” Rapunzel asked. “My memory box had my past life’s memories. When I opened it I saw images of my little sister and my life with her before I was Jack Frost.” He answered. “So what does this mean?” Hiccup inquired. “I need to see his memories before I can answer that.” Jack stated. “Ok well go on then.” I assured. Jack turned the box in his hands idly before faintly touching his pale fingers against the colored box’s top. Jack seemed like a statue as he stared intensely at the box in his hands. “Jack?” Rapunzel called. She stretched her arm out to him but Hiccup stopped her. “Don’t touch him, he’s seeing Pitch’s memories, he needs to concentrate.” Hiccup stated firmly. Rapunzel backed off and returned to watching Jack carefully. “What do you think he’s seeing?” I asked. “Pitch’s god awful past I imagine. How else can you explain he’s the way he is?” Hiccup answered. “I guess.” I huffed.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.