THE BIG FOUR STORY : Chapter 72- I am the Lost Princess

Merida’s P.O.V

Toothless had pushed himself past his limit and by the time we reached Rapunzel’s tower he was exhausted. We managed to reach the top window of the tower and knock gently on the wooden shutters. They of course didn’t open, so we let ourselves in quietly. “We need to be careful in case her fake mother is home.” Hiccup warned. I nodded my head in recognition and tip-toed through the area. It was dark and quiet, just like any home in the middle of the night. But just as we reached a small set of stairs Pascal appeared before us. “Pascal?” I inquired. The small chameleon changed various colors in excitement as he pointed with his tail towards a door up the stairs. “Is that where Rapunzel is?” I asked the small reptile. He nodded his head yes vigorously as Hiccup scooped him up and headed up the stairs beside me. When we opened the door we found Rapunzel curled up on her bed crying. She was completely oblivious to the fact that we had just entered her room so both Hiccup and I cleared our throats to get her attention. She practically jumped at the sight of us. “Hiccup? Merida? What are you guys doing here?” She questioned as she got out of her bed and wiped her tears. “We’re here to rescue you.” I answered. Rapunzel shot us a few confused glances before sitting back down on her bed. “Merida, Hiccup I can’t go back. Jack is working with Pitch! He was using us. There’s no use to fight, we wouldn’t stand a chance.” Rapunzel cried. I walked up to her bed and sat beside her. Carefully I rubbed her back as she choked down tears. “It’s okay Rapunzel.” I cooed as I let her lay her head on my lap. Hiccup knelt in front of her and took her hands gently. “Rapunzel you’ve been lied to, but not by Jack.” Hiccup explained. Rapunzel lifted her head from my lap to look at Hiccup. “What?” She sniffled. “Jack was protecting you. “ Hiccup explained. Rapunzel seemed so distraught and confused.  “But I saw him shaking hands with Pitch and then these two thugs tried to take me but Mother saved me!” Rapunzel cried. “No, no, no sweetie your mother isn’t who you think she is.” I tried. “What?! What are you saying?” Rapunzel demanded. I felt like I was about to drop a bomb on her but it needed to be known. “M.I.M showed us that Gothel was working with Pitch the whole time, in order to get you back home with her.” I explained. “So?” Rapunzel huffed. “Rapunzel your Mother is using you for your hair! She kidnapped you when you were younger from your real family.” Hiccup exclaimed. Rapunzel straightened and began to panic. “No this can’t be true! Mother has cared for me and loved me-“ She tried but I cut her off. “All for your hair! She wants to live forever.” I explained. Rapunzel began to frantically walk in circles with her hands on either side of her head. “Let her soak it in.” Hiccup whispered to me. “But if what your saying is true….Then where’s Jack?” Rapunzel asked. Hiccup reached inside his bag and pulled out the broken pieces of Jack’s staff. “Pitch attacked him after you left with your Mother. He broke Jack’s staff and took him.” Hiccup revealed. Rapunzel gasped and reached out towards the broken staff. “We need to find him then!” Rapunzel exclaimed. “Oh Rapunzel what’s going on up there?!” Mother Gothel shouted from downstairs.  Rapunzel straightened and stared at her door frightened. “If she isn’t my real Mother does that mean….I’m the Lost Princess?” She finally figured out. Hiccup and I both nodded our heads yes. “I’m the Lost Princess?!” She exclaimed. Rapunzel didn’t seem relived; she seemed angry. “My whole life I’ve been afraid of what life would be like outside of this tower. I was afraid that people would use me for my hair. I shouldn’t have been hiding from the world but from Gothel.” She gritted through her teeth. “Rapunzel! I’m coming up there!” Mother Gothel shouted from downstairs. Footsteps could be heard as she trudged up the stairs. At the same time Rapunzel met her at the door. She forcefully opened the door and faced Gothel. “I’m the lost princess.” She murmured. “Oh Rapunzel speak up! You know how I hate the mumbling.” Gothel groaned.  “I’M THE LOST PRINCESS! Did I mumble mother? Or should I even call you that?” Rapunzel practically spat. “Oh please Rapunzel that’s completely mental. Do you even hear yourself? Why would ask such a ridiculous question?” Gothel laughed as she went in to hug Rapunzel, but she quickly pushed her off. “It was you! It was all you! “She accused. Gothel frowned and crossed her arms at Rapunzel in response. “Everything I did was to protect you.” Gothel sighed. “I spent my entire life hiding from people who would use me for my powers! When all this time I should have been hiding from you!” Rapunzel exclaimed as she shoved past Gothel. “Where will you go? He won’t be there for you!” Gothel hinted about Jack. “What did you do to him?” Rapunzel demanded. “That guardian is to meet his untimely end at the hand of the Nightmare King!” Gothel exclaimed. “No!” Rapunzel gasped.  “Now, now it’s alright. All of this is how it should be.” Gothel cooed as she reached out to Rapunzel. But she quickly grasped Gothel’s hand and held it tightly. “No! You were wrong about the world! And you were wrong about me! I will never let you use my hair again!” Rapunzel shouted. Gothel ripped her hand from Rapunzel’s grasp and fell back causing the mirror in the room to fall over and shatter. Hiccup took a step forwards toward the action but I stopped him. “Let her do this. She needs to do this on her own.” I stated. “You want me to be the bad guy? Fine! Then I’m the bad guy!” Gothel exclaimed. Gothel quickly ran at Rapunzel and pushed her forcefully to the ground. She moved so quick that Rapunzel didn’t have time to react. Gothel clasped a set of cuffs and chains of Rapunzel’s wrist and gagged her with a cloth. “Move!” I exclaimed. Hiccup and I instantly took action. He pulled out his sword while I armed myself with my bow. “What? How did you get here?!” Gothel exclaimed. “That doesn’t matter! Let her go Gothel!” Hiccup demanded. Rapunzel’s words were muffled by the cloth wrapped around her mouth. “She and I are going far, far away where none of you can ever find us again!” Gothel exclaimed as she pulled on the chains causing Rapunzel to inch backwards. “I will shoot this! Let her go and you won’t get hurt.” I warned. Gothel smirked in amusement. “You’re just a wee lamb! You don’t have the guts to kill a human being.” Gothel mocked. “You want to bet?!” I shouted as I pulled back the string of my bow. Gothel slowly back away towards the window of the tower. “You wouldn’t dare!” Gothel laughed. “I really wouldn’t test her.” Hiccup added. “You are an embarrassment! Not even your own mother understands you!” Gothel teased. Her words hurt and were full of truth. I couldn’t take it anymore so I released the bow string and let the arrow fly. It hit Gothel square in the chest and knocked her out the window from its force. She fell down, down, down until she hit the earth in a cloud of dust.

These characters are not mine. No copy right infringement is intended in any way. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.