THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 75 - Looking Back

Hiccup’s P.O.V

It was finally time; the final battle was approaching and we were not prepared. We were all ready to dive straight into this fight without any thought. We didn’t care anymore, all we wanted was peace, and to finally be safe. Jack was in trouble, and Odin only knows what Pitch has already done to him. To be honest I was afraid. I wasn’t afraid just for myself but for Toothless, for Merida, for Rapunzel, and of course Jack. As we flew closer and closer towards the end, I found myself reveling in the past. I saw myself shooting down Toothless, and then finding him in the woods. I couldn’t kill him; I looked at him and saw myself. My time with the dragon increased and soon he and I were like two peas in a pod. The battle with the Red Death was scaring yes but it was tolerable with Toothless. He helped me get through it all. Suddenly Toothless whined from underneath me as if he could sense my fear. I leaned forward and patted his head gently. “Don’t worry Bud, we’ll get out of this, we almost always do.” I cooed. Merida and Rapunzel were seated behind me, tightly holding onto one another as we flew like a bat out of hell. Time was running out and darkness was closing in. The sky itself reacted to the growing fear around the world. Pitch’s plan was pretty transparent now to me. He had caused the attack on Berk by the Outcasts to induce fear in everyone. War, was a fear that was unquenchable until the enemy was taken care of, in other words: Pitch Black. The Nightmare King needed to go down, or soon not even the Guardians could get us out of this. It was true that they were still around during all of this, but it was their job to keep all of the Hopes, Dreams, Wonder, and Fun alive while we fought off the growing nightmares. It was a new tactic that worked until now. We weren’t able to stop Pitch early enough, and now his nightmares were growing stronger and stronger. Fear was expanding, not just in children but in adults too. Now it was up to us to take down this threat before matters become worse than they already were. I felt almost ashamed to have left Berk in the mess it currently was. My dad was more than likely freaking out searching for me while simultaneously trying to fix the damage by the Outcasts. He was a good, caring chief, and sometimes I feared that I could never achieve the greatness and respect he has achieved in the eyes of the village. Yes, someday I will become chief, but when the time does come I’m not sure if I will ever be ready. Suddenly I felt immensely homesick. I saw Berk in all of its icy, cold glory. Dragons flew free and everyone was happy as they raced past one another in the sky. It was all too perfect. Dragons and Vikings lived in harmony now and that was all I ever wanted, but now a much larger responsibility was bestowed upon me. Fear and darkness was ready to strike and consume the world. Everything would be lost and that included my dragons. Pitch needed to be stopped and I was ready to risk anything in order to achieve it, and that included me.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.