THE BIG FOUR STORY:Chapter 38 - Together

Jack's P.O.V

Merida and Hiccup’s forms disappeared into the great hall from what I could see in the arena. Toothless curled up onto the ground with Punzie leaning against him. Pascal, the little chameleon, was sleeping on top of the dragon’s large head. Rapunzel patted a spot next to her, indicating she wanted me to join her. I obeyed even though I received some nasty growls from Toothless. “Aw come on Toothless you still don’t like me?!” I exclaimed. The dragon snorted in response and turned away from me. I rolled my eyes at the overgrown reptile and returned my attention to the beautiful girl next to me. “You know it’s strange all day today I’ve felt like I’ve been watched.” Rapunzel stated. “Really?” I asked her. She nodded her head yes and looked around uncomfortably. “And I could have sworn earlier at the cliffs and the beach I saw a shadow.” She added. I tensed involuntarily when she said shadow. “We’ve been here long enough we need to get going.” I explained. “Jack wait, you don’t look so good.” Rapunzel stated as she placed her hands on my cheeks. I leaned into her warm, comforting touch. “Rapunzel there’s something I need to tell you.” I stated. I felt her flinch slightly. “What is it Jack?” she asked. “I think this team isn’t going to work.” I tried. She pulled back shocked. “What are you saying?” She asked. I opened my mouth to answer her but I cut myself off once I saw a dark figure behind Rapunzel. I quickly maneuvered around Punzie so she was safe behind me. I raised my staff as I kept my eyes of the figure. It was in the shadows so it was hard to make out. I figured it was another nightmare, nothing too threatening but I was wrong. Suddenly the figure stepped out of the shadows and revealed itself. I was half right it was one of Pitch’s nightmare’s but this one was different. Normally Pitch’s nightmares were in the form of a horse but this one was in the shape of a dragon. It was large and didn’t look as playful as Toothless did with Hiccup. “Uh Jack?!” Rapunzel asked full of obvious concern. “Yeah Punzie?” I laughed uneasily as I stepped backwards slowly pushing Rapunzel with me. “Is that what I think it is?” She asked me. “If you mean by a very large nightmare dragon, than yes.” I stated as I made the decision to run. I grabbed Rapunzel and quickly shot into the sky. She had her arms around my neck while I had my arms securely wrapped around her slim waist. “Jack it’s following us!” Rapunzel warned. I looked down and saw that the nightmare dragon was in fact gaining and it happened to bring friends. The dragon was now joined by numerous nightmare dragons and the original horse nightmares. “Well this is just great.” I huffed as I flew faster hoping I could find a clearing somewhere away from the village. “See anywhere where we can fight these guys without drawing attention or getting close to the village?” I asked Rapunzel as I scanned the land below. “There!” She shouted as she pointed at an open wooded area. “We could use the trees as cover.” She suggested. “Nice eye Punzie.” I complimented as I lowered towards the spot that she a picked out. As we landed I instantly stood in my battle stance. Rapunzel and I were back to back with our weapons raised. “When did you pull out your frying pan exactly?” I teased. I could tell she was rolling her eyes at my comment by the tone in her voice. “The same time you decided to not wear shoes.” She teased back. “Hey you shouldn’t talk you aren’t wearing any either.” I laughed. She opened her mouth to retort but she instantly closed in once the nightmares came flooding in. “Don’t do anything stupid okay Punzie?” I warned. “Like you won’t?” She scoffed as she twirled her frying pan in one hand and her hair in the other. “I’d do anything to protect you Punzie.” I said seriously. She turned to me and shot me a sweet smile but it faded instantly as a nightmare charged at us. I shot it with my staff then Rapunzel hit it with her frying pan causing it shatter. We did this until the dragons were the only ones left. “You take the ones on the left; I’ll take the ones on the right.” I joked remembering that I had said the same thing to Sandy before. “Yeah right, you and I are going to take them down together.” She ordered. “Aye aye captain.” I laughed as I took her hand. She grasped it tightly and pulled me with her as we charged the large Nightmares.  We fought until the sun was starting to set, and there were only two nightmare dragons left. “Where is Hiccup and Merida?” Rapunzel asked me slightly out of breath. “I don’t know, you would think that they would notice our absence, especially mine.” I joked. “That’s not what I meant. We need their help.” She stated. “I think we are handling this pretty well Punzie.” I explained as we continued to battle the dark creatures. Suddenly a loud roar echoed. It was deep, and much louder than any small creature could emit. A soft wind whistled and the sound of wings beating could be heard. “Jack look out!” Rapunzel shouted as she shoved me causing me to fall backwards then everything went black.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.