THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 27 - An unexpected visitor

Jack's P.O.V

“I’m going to the Tooth Palace.” North said abruptly. “Why?” I asked as I turned to him. “Because I think it’s best to make sure all the teeth are accounted for.” North stated as he shot me a look. “Let me know if any are missing.” I stated knowing that North was going to check if my teeth were accounted for. “Will do.” North said as he left the room. “What was that all about?” Hiccup asked. “Last time Pitch used my baby teeth to….” I trailed. “Your baby teeth?” Merida questioned. “Teeth hold our fondest memories and when we need to remember what’s most important the Tooth fairy helps us remember. But Pitch had stolen all the teeth last time, including mine.” I explained. “This was when I didn’t know who I was.” I tried but stopped myself before I choked. I suddenly recalled that day at the pond when I was human. My little sister calling out to me to help her, it hurt realizing I had died so young but it was worth it in the end. I saved my sister, she was able to live on and I will never regret that.  “But they helped you realize who you truly were?” Rapunzel asked. I nodded yes and faced the three. “They helped me realize I was a -.” I tried but was interrupted by Hiccup. “A Guardian.” Hiccup finished. I smirked at him virtuously. Suddenly the globe stopped rotating and the lights on it began to flicker. A wave of black sand entered from the skylight and onto the globe. The black sand morphed until it became a figure. “Pitch Black?” I asked. Rapunzel grabbed the back of my hoodie and squeezed it in hope of comfort from what was about to happen. “Of course it is after all here I am.” Pitch stated as he stood on the top of the globe with his arms out. Merida released an arrow but Pitch quickly dissolved into black sand. The wave of sand quickly flew towards Merida. “Merida!” Hiccup shouted in panic. The wave hit her causing Merida to topple over. Hiccup ran to her side and helped her up. “Are you alright Merida? Are you hurt?” Hiccup interrogated. “I’m fine.” Merida stated as she stood up. The black sand had morphed back into Pitch’s body. “Well, well what’s this? A Scottish Princess who ran away from home? That is very curious.” Pitch chuckled as he circled Hiccup and Merida. Suddenly Pitch transformed back into the wave of black sand and did the same thing to Hiccup. “Oh and a scrawny Viking boy, from Berk. Very peculiar, aren’t your kind supposed to be well more…intimidating.” Pitch teased. “Hiccup don’t listen to him.” Merida whispered as she helped him up. Pitch swayed, and turned on his heal so he was facing me. “Hello Jack, long time no see. Oh and who’s this? Is she your new plaything? I must say Jack you have fine taste.” Pitch mocked. I glared at Pitch in anger. I quickly shot my staff at him but he immediately turned back into the black sand once more. But instead of flying towards me he flew over me so he was behind me. Rapunzel gasped and quickly turned me around. I wrapped her in my arms to protect her. Pitch smirked evilly and inched closer. He bent down and picked up Rapunzel’s hair. She quickly tried to pull it out of his grip but Pitch wouldn’t budge. “You know your Mother is worried sick about you.” Pitch sighed. “I think it would be best to return to her before you get hurt. Don’t you think Rapunzel?” Pitch declared. Rapunzel shot a confused look at Pitch. “You’ve talked to her?” Rapunzel asked. “Not directly, but I’ve seen her fears, and let’s just say she’s terrified of losing you.” Pitch revealed. “Don’t listen to him Punzie.” I stated as I pulled her closer to me. ”What is it you want Pitch?” I barked. “Same as always….To be feared. But that isn’t what I’m here for.” Pitch explained.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.