THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 93 - Mother Nature

Jack’s P.O.V

After all of us went our separate ways, I picked up Pitch. See unlike the four of us, Pitch had no one. He had unfinished business. It was never fair to him. He sacrificed his life for his loving daughter, just like I had sacrificed myself for my sister. At first I pitied him, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that we were the same. I had come to terms of accepting my fate, but would he? The true question was would he be able to cope with the truth? I had taken him to North’s workshop. It took a few convincing words to get him past the yetis but I eventually got him in. Strange enough Pitch remembered everything he had done when he was possessed by the shadow. North had summoned the Guardians shortly after meeting Kozmotis Pitchiner and not Pitch. “So tell me Kozmotis, how are you?” North asked in his overall intimidating voice. “Never been better since that awful shadow is gone.” He chuckled. North boomed with laughter and patted the past Nightmare King’s back. Kozmotis fell forward at the intense force from North’s patting, but just before he face planted Sandy caught him using his magic sand.  “Nice catch Sandy!” Tooth exclaimed as she flew in through the skylight followed by her fairies. “Jack!” She squealed. In one swift motion Tooth flew up to me and hugged me, while her fairies swarmed around my head. Baby Tooth chirped and pulled my hair in order to get my attention. “Hiya Baby Tooth.” I greeted as I scooped her up and held at eye level. She waved and smiled before flying back to Toothiana. “Well done Jack! We are so proud of you!” Tooth exclaimed as she gestured to the rest of the Guardians. The only thing I saw was Sandy, North, and Tooth. There was no sign of Bunnymund. “Where’s the Easter Kangaroo?” I questioned. In that same moment a hole appeared in the ground and out jumped Bunny. “Well that answers my question.” I huffed. Kozmotis was very skeptic about the guardians so he stayed closed to me almost always. He kept murmuring words to me such as “What if they still think I’m Pitch?” or “Will they forgive me?” He was frantic, and worried about what they would think. “Relax Kozmotis, they’ll believe you.” I chuckled as I grabbed his arm and put him before me. North, Bunny, Sandy, and Tooth all stared wearily at Pitch. “Why the heck is here?” Bunnymund questioned harshly. “Bunny listen to Jack-“ Tooth started but was quickly cut off. “Listen to Frostbite?! As if!” He shouted as he whipped out his boomerang. I quickly stepped in front of Pitch and lifted my staff for protection. “Why are you protecting him?” Bunny asked. Tooth glanced over me to see Pitch practically freaking out, so she flew over to comfort him. “It’ll be okay, they always fight.” She cooed. “None of those things he did in the past was his fault! He was possessed by a shadow; the very source of fear and nightmares.” I explained. “And how do you know this?” Bunny questioned. I quickly dug out Pitch’s memory box and tossed it to the overbearing Easter Kangaroo. He caught it and rolled the cylinder box in his paws curiously. “Is this-“ He started but it cut him off in anger. “It’s his memory box from Tooth’s palace. I don’t know how we came across it exactly but it was hidden and Rapunzel found it. I opened it and saw what happened in his past. He sacrificed himself for his daughter just like I did for my sister.” I explained. The Guardians stood silently as I stood up for Pitch. “Look the man before you now isn’t Pitch Black any more. This is a loving Father, who is lost and confused like I was when you found me. I think we can help him, something tells me Man in Moon knows what to do.” I explained. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see that it was Pitch. His head was held high as he lightly patted my shoulder in thanks. “I think I got it from here.” He whispered to me as he stood before North, Tooth, Bunny, and Sandy. “I understand that you feel very guarded because of the things I did in the past but as Jack told you that wasn’t me. A shadow haunted my daughter and threatened her life, I offered myself to the darkness in return for my daughter’s safety, but now I don’t know how long I’ve been this way. I don’t know if she’s long dead, or if she lives in another life as patron like you all. I just want to know that I kept her safe. I hope that you all can understand that, after all isn’t that what being a Guardian is about; protecting the children?” Pitch explained. North stepped forward and lifted Pitch and kissed either side of his face. “Of course it is! We’ll help you find daughter! Yes!” North boomed in his heavy Russian tongue. Tooth giggled and flaunted at Pitch while she examined his teeth. Sandy laughed silently and threw up a ball of dream sand that exploded out into butterflies and stingrays.  Bunny clapped his paws and grinned smugly. In the midst of our celebration the moon suddenly shined through the skylight. The bright light honed in over Pitch and then swung over towards the Guardians insignia on the floor. The ground rumbled and a large crystal burst from the ground, just like when I was chosen to become a guardian. It rose higher and higher until the whole thing was out of the ground. The moon shined its pure and powerful light upon it only to reveal a new figure. “Who is that?” I asked as I stared at the crystal. The hologram like figure was one of a girl’s. She had tan skin and various flowers hanging in her jet black hair. She wore a green dress with no shoes, and in her hand she carried a harp. “Mother Nature?” Tooth inquired. “No, that’s my daughter.” Pitch gasped. North smiled and patted Pitch on the back. “I think its time you were reunited with her then.” He chuckled.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.