THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 40 - The fight begins

Rapunzel's P.O.V

The moment we took action so did the nightmares. Hordes of them began to dive-bomb towards us. Above us Merida was firing multiple arrows and hitting a target every time, while Hiccup was flying smoothly without any fault. Jack and I continued the same type of fighting style as before: he froze everything while I broke everything with my frying pan. Later on into the battle Merida and Hiccup returned to the ground with us and fought alongside us.  The throng of dark creatures surrounded us like a dark cloud. They swirled and combined to make a barrier around us, making it nearly inescapable. Luckily we weren’t a force to be messed with. Jack slammed his staff violently onto the ground creating a deadly storm around us. The nightmares instantly froze then shattered as they froze through. Snow fell almost relaxingly around us. “Nice one Jack!” Merida complimented.” Don’t thank me yet frizz ball, look!” Jack warned/teased as he pointed towards the sky. Another mass of nightmares plus the Red Death was making its way towards us with even more haste. Hiccup glanced at me then Jack. “I’ll go.” Jack stated firmly. “Jack don’t…Don’t go alone.” Hiccup cried. Jack put up his hand to silence Hiccup. “You nearly died last time fighting that thing.” Jack stated. “I know that doesn’t mean I still can’t help.” Hiccup exclaimed as he mounted Toothless. Jack frowned. “Merida make sure he doesn’t leave the ground.” Jack demanded of her. Merida nodded her head and made her towards the Viking. “Merida there is no way I’m letting you convince me to not fight.” Hiccup sighed. “I won’t.” She laughed. Hiccup shot her a confused look. Merida rolled her eyes at him and pulled him to her. She pressed her lips against his and soon brought him into a state of pure bliss. He closed his eyes as he shook of his shock and pulled Merida to him. Jack laughed as he saw them smooching. He was about to take off into the sky but I grabbed him by the back of his hoodie and pulled him back down. “And where do you think you’re going?” I asked him as I crossed my arms. “Oh come on Punzie not you too, we don’t have time for this.” Jack sighed. I rolled my eyes and pulled him to a hug. “You better come back in one piece or I’ll-“ I tried but Jack leaned in really close so our noses were practically touching causing me to become silent. “Or you’ll what? Do something suggestive? I would like that you know.” Jack whispered. I could feel the blush rise up in my cheeks by his comment. I pushed him away gently and crossed my arms at him once more. “Just come back okay Jack?” I begged. He smirked at my distressed state and took off into the sky to fight the Red Death alone. “Be careful Jack.” I whispered to myself as I watched him fly farther and farther away. “Punzie you got nightmares heading your way on your left!” Merida warned as she pulled away from Hiccup. Hiccup took the opportunity to mount Toothless and attempt to take off but Merida would not have it. “No no no no NO! Don’t even think about Hiccup! Or so help me I will tie you to a chair and spoon feed you haggish for a week!” Merida threatened. Hiccup looked mortified by her threat and dismounted Toothless. The nightmares quietly came at us in another wave. We continued to fight until a bright, blue, lightning like explosion appeared above us. I looked up and saw the Red Death nightmare falling towards the earth….fast! “Move!” I shouted as I grabbed Merida’s arm and pulled her along with me. Hiccup assured Toothless to follow us under the protection of the forest. As we ran deeper into the forest farther away from the designated spot where the Red Death was marked to fall, another horde of nightmares appeared. We stopped running for the hordes of beasts were in front of us in the direction we were trying to run. I looked over my shoulder to see the Red Death crash into the earth. It was frozen solid and the moment it hit the ground it shattered just like all the other nightmares Jack had frozen. Snow fell even heavier now and a brisk wind surrounded us. “Jack turns down the air will ya?!” Hiccup whined. Jack dropped down from the sky and landed right in front of me. “I’m back.” Jack stated obviously out of breath. I sighed in relief and ran to him and hugged him. He seemed shocked by my sudden affection but soon relaxed and returned the hug. “Hate to interrupt this little reunion but we have more nightmares are headed straight this way.” Merida warned. We stepped away from each other and instantly took our battle stances. We destroyed the small wave that was blocking our way, and then made our way even deeper into the forest until we reached a small pond the was basically in a crater in the earth. We jumped from the ledge and landed on the bank of the small pond. It was the only open area that we could find in such a short notice. The nightmares piled in the area and soon we were surrounded once more.  The sun was going down and our vision was becoming impaired. “I’ll start singing to give you guys some light! “ I stated as I knelt down and began to sing. “Merida, Hiccup protect Punzie!” I heard Jack order as I sung. “How many more are there?” Merida mumbled through clenched teeth for she was holding an arrow in between them.  “I don’t know Merida! They don’t seem to be decreasing in number at all!” Hiccup shouted. “Jack you’re the expert on this, what gives?!” Hiccup asked. Jack was releasing large amounts of ice power and looked rather tired since his battle with the Red Death. “I don’t know the last time there was this many nightmares was….Oh no.” Jack began to explain but stopped himself once he realized something. He stopped fighting and looked around frantically. In the midst of the hordes of nightmares and black sand was a figure, a figure he seemed to recognize.

 These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringemnet is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.