THE BIG FOUR STORY:Chapter 37 - Goodbyes

Hiccup's P.O.V

Merida and I entered the great hall silently. The large room was dimly lit by the fire pit in the center of the room where my dad was sitting by. He had a chunk of wood in his hand and a knife in the other. He was concentrating so much on his wood carving that he didn’t even notice Merida and I come inside. “Dad?” I coughed hoping to get his attention. Stoick lifted his head and looked at me. He smiled as he looked at our linked arms. “Well aren’t you two a sight for sore eyes?” My dad laughed. Merida chortled with him while I laughed awkwardly. “Dad I need to talk to you Dad.” I stated seriously. He saw this and stopped laughing instantly. “What’s going on son?” He asked. I released Merida’s hand and scratched the back of my head. “Well you see I need to leave Berk.” I tried. Stoick’s expression turned angry and he stood up letting his carving to drop to the floor. “What do you mean leave Berk?” My Dad questioned. “You see what your son is trying to say is that he wants to see me off.” Merida interrupted. Stoick’s figured relaxed a bit suddenly. “Oh so it’s because of that huh?” My dad laughed. “Nothing dangerous?” He added. “Nope! No danger, violence, or any commotion at all. Hiccup just wanted to fly me home on Toothless, I figured I ‘ve let my parents worry long enough.” Merida saved again. I exhaled loudly to calm myself. Merida was saving my hide from my Dad’s wrath. If he knew that I was leaving to fight the King of Nightmares and his shadow army he would probably lock me up and never let me leave the island again. “Yes you have young Princess, now go on return to your parents.” Stoick stated to Merida. “Thank you sir.” Merida thanked as she curtsied. “I’ll be back soon Dad.” I said as I hugged him. “Be safe Hiccup.” My Dad stated as he hugged me fiercely. “I will.” I responded as he released me. He then sat back down and resumed his wood carving. As I walked towards the doorway where Merida was waiting for me I stopped to take one last glance at my dad. He was smiling as he carved. I looked at the block of wood in his hands and saw that he was carving a dragon. But not just any dragon, a Night Fury. He looked up and saw me eyeing the piece. “Nope! Avert your eyes son, you aren’t allowed to see it until it’s finished.” He commanded. “Alright, alright I won’t look Dad.” I stated as I put my hands up in surrender. He waved at me one last time as I walked out the large doorway. As the door closed behind me Merida pulled me into a hug. “What was that for?” I asked her as she pulled back. “You look like you needed a hug.” Merida murmured as she blushed.  “What was that? I tried. She blushed even harder than shoved me playfully. “Oh shut it; now let’s go find Punzie and Frost boy.” She strained. “Okay.” I stated as I followed her back to the arena. Once we arrived back to the arena we saw that it was empty. “Where did they go?” I asked. “I don’t know.” Merida answered. “Toothless?!” I called. Suddenly the dragon appeared from the opening of the arena. “There you are bud!” I called as I scratched underneath his chin. “Where did Jack and Punzie go Bud?” I asked him. “Like he’s going to answer you.” Merida scoffed. “It was worth a try.” I laughed. She rolled her eyes and approached the dragon. “Look at his saddle.” Merida suggested. I looked at it like she suggested. His brown leather saddle was covered with black sand. I wiped it clean and brought my hand into view. I examined the sand closely. “It kind of looks like…” I trailed. “Pitch’s nightmare sand.” Merida finished. “Let’s go.” I suggested. Merida nodded in agreement as I mounted Toothless. I helped her on then took off into the sky. Merida readied her bow as she scanned the land below. “See them anywhere?” I asked. “Nope, not a trace.” She answered. Suddenly a bright blue, lightning like explosion scattered across the sky. “I bet that’s Jack!” Merida exclaimed. “Alright bud let’s see how fast you can go.” I stated. The dragon rumbled in response and took off with great speed.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.