5

The red eyes were beckoning me closer, no word was needed to command me.As if my body was no longer mine I kept on floating to those eyes in distance.The soft allure of them  was enough for me .

The intensity of pain and anguish reflected in those eyes..Oh Holy Mother..!

I wanted to be close to ease that suffering and hurt in those shining red crystals.Just like a moth is engulfed by the fire ,not understanding and unafraid of the consequences, I was drawn more closer.

No matter how closer I felt I was ,the red eyes seemed to be unreachable.I stretched my arms and my legs to take me to them.It seemed as if I will not be able to live if I don't see myself reflected back in those red crystals.

Nothing happened.All my efforts were futile because I was still there where I started from.

"Don't leave me again" I cried out in despair.

The red tear droplets hitting my cheeks shocked me.I couldn't stop them even if I wanted.This time even Ma's warning were not enough to stop them.The streams of red kept on falling down my cheeks.I knew I shouldn't cry but I was unable to stop.It felt like I was breaking from inside.Each part disintegrating within itself.Consuming me in it .The pain was excruciating and my body shivered.

I have to hurry.It can't end like this.I have to mover faster, more faster , more...

"Zairi.." A sudden shout woke me up in bed.I sat up and looked around finding Sekra hovering over my bed.

"Sekra why do you have to shout so early in the morning.?" I rubbed my eyes and a strange sensation passed me.I touched my cheeks.There was nothing, no wetness.Why does it feel as if I was crying..?

"I have been calling your name forever.Get up now.They are here." I looked up at the tone of Sekra.

Sekra was one of my Ma's guiding spirits.Stuck in a body of flying book having wings and a cute baby face of a small girl with  small legs and hands.. Not going on the appearance Sekra was capable of holding her own , with ancient powers as old as time.Even though she never exhibited the power openly ,when needed Sekra could annihilate an entire empire.Only her love for the humans, especially my Ma and her favorite Zairi held her back in this realm or else she could have passed for a Formidable Goddess ,as she always points out.Ma and Sekra have been together from childhood.Ma always jokes about how Sekra got stuck out with Ma because of a bet Sekra lost.Whatever Ma says it is evident for anyone with eyes to see that Sekra is the best-est gift from Mother Nature to  Ma.Her Ma  could have never asked for a soul sister better than Sekra.

Now really looking at Sekra, I saw the anger in her eyes.Already I knew it was not for me.Sekra never ever got angry with me.

I looked around again confused.Still unsettled.

Something was missing.Something I am forgetting .Something important.

"Zairi , are you even listening.You have to get up now." Sekra was closer to me looking worriedly at my face with the same hint of anger.

I shook my head and reached for the water Sekra was politely holding for me.

It was then I heard the raised voice of Ma.Startled I got up from the bed and rushed to my door ready to open when Sekra held me back by her magic.

"Sekra what is going on..?It was Ma's voice.Where is she..?Has something happened..?Who is out there..?" I was frantic.

"Zairi calm down first. Serana is alright." Sekra replied calmly , some of the anger vanishing from her face.

"Then why are you not letting me out..?" I asked again.

"Because you can't rush out like this, wearing your night gown and hair all frantic.I told you they are here." Sekra said with a sigh.All anger gone from her.

"They..? who..?stop speaking in riddles and just tell me whats going on..?" I was getting impatient.

Ma's voice was getting louder with each second I was wasting standing here.

I started towards the door again .

"The Kranis Clan Elders." Sekra said quietly stopping me in my tracks.

Aeran was here.The sudden joy erupting in me must have shown on my face because Sekra's face fell down.

The smile forming on my face died down as well as I came to know what they were here for.