61

"Dammit." I pushed back from the table and leaned back in the chair closing my eyes in frustration.

After the morning's episode I had retired to "Marcus's reading room cum library."And yes it was a library. A big one where you could see shelves and shelves of books covering every part of the vast room.A proper library with books over flowing.

I wanted to find something related to this power inside but so far nothing had turned.I had finally stumbled upon the Pack Records.It didn't take me long to make my decision.Abandoning my earlier search I jumped up in this new conquest. I wanted to know about the Pack.About my mother who was long forgotten by everyone.I wanted to unfurl any small memory of her I could relate to this huge mansion.May be hidden in these very walls. These very shelves.I wanted  to trace back her existence here.To find anything that could bring her essence back to me.

So forgetting everything and everyone I went into this mission to uncover the secret behind the name Trina Deno Slavisna. My mother.

  I wanted to meet my real mother.I wanted to know who she was. I wanted to feel her.Her life.Her thoughts.Her emotions. Her cry.Her laugh.Her fragrance. Her essence.Her everything.

And here I was with nothing, after all those hours.Nothing out of ordinary existed in these books.Pack's trade,investments,the number of members and blah blah blah..

One thing was clear-The Pack's prosperity.I had assumed them to be rich but this rich..not even in my dreams could I have thought it. Kranis Clan overshadowed over the other packs here by a long margin.Not only in strength and power but in capital too.Their influence reached to the highest levels and people of the country.And they used it wisely,expanding their business and in turn getting money and more prestige..Initially I had thought they were involved in some shady businesses.How the hell they had so much money.?But I didn't find anything illegal in these books out here .They owned everything from hospitals to schools to malls to big  corporations..The pack was loaded.

And they ruled here.

Hmm.Good for them.

Something puzzled me at the same time.There had been no mention of my mother.Neither of the names existed in these rotten journals-Trina or Celine. How is it possible.As Ma told me they were adopted here by Kurona herself so how come there is nothing about them in here.How can the records miss it..?When they didn't miss the smallest of the details how did they forget to mention the two people who had possibly changed this pack and it's people so much.Why the hell was there nothing about them.?How is it possible.?

 Wait a minute.

Despite Marcus and Kurona's adoption of the two sisters there is no mention of it.Why hide it..?

Did Marcus do this..?

And if yes then why..?

"AAgghhh." I pulled my hair.Instead of solving ,it just gets tangled more and more.

I looked over at all the books in front of me.Nothing helpful in them.My eyes moved over to the half shelf that was occupied by a few more books.I have to check them all out.But not before I drink a cup of coffee.

Oh I missed dear Martha.I smiled.The joy it gives me.

A deep sigh later I was on my way out of the library.

I passed his room and stopped suddenly as I heard snippets of conversation from inside.Well the coffee can wait.I stood by the door and shamelessly eavesdropped.

"What is the meaning of this Ravine.?" A angry growl.

Silence and then."I had to do it. Aeran. You have to understand..."

"Understand what..?You know it as well that Granna won't like this.Why do you have to go on aggravating me like this,.?"

"Aeran please baby just listen to me.I know I should have talked to you about it first.But what was I supposed to do?You are never here.I don't get to see you all day and when I do ,you ignore me by making excuses.Tell me what should have I done then..?"

"'I don't ignore you Ravine.You know that the Pack is in a vulnerable position right now after what happened.We have to be extra careful that it doesn't leaks out.We have to maintain the status and power of the Clan.And if that means I have to do it myself then so be it.I will never put this Pack in jeopardy just because you feel insecure."

I cringed at Ravine's screeching voice."Yes Aeran.I am insecure.I am insecure about your feelings towards me.These last few days I got to see a side of you that I didn't know existed.You ignore me Aeran. Do you even understand what that does to me." Silence again and then small whispered words "It kills me inside when I see you looking at her the way  you always looked at me."

"You don't know what you're talking about." He growled in deep throated voice.A quite and  lethal edge in his tone.

"You know it as well as I do."

"No Ravine I don't,please do fucking elaborate." Quite angry words.

A deep sigh and some movements."Aeran I don't want to fight with you.Please look at it from my perspective.Everyone already knows we love each other.Even Granna knows.So what is so wrong in this..?I want to stay by your side.We have already suffered so much.Why can't you just accept it.Please Aeran let me stay here."

What are they talking about.?

"I understand how you feel Ravine.But this is no solution.You moving in here ignoring Granna's direct order.It won't bode well.You know it. Granna's decision is supreme in here.And going against it...I don't want to hurt her."

"She'll understand Aeran. I'll make her listen to my request this time.I promise.You never accepted that bitch as your wife,no one did.And even she knows her place. Isn't that's why she chose to live in those quarters rather than here.I guess she finally understands her place  and role here.And I am not asking too much? Am I Aeran..?I just want to spend every moment I can with you.Please grant me this small request.Please baby,let me stay here.Let me share your room." She sobbed.

I could hear her crying now.Ravine's sobs emanated in the clear hallways.For the first time I could not find any pretense in her sadness.In her cries.

I frowned and risked a glance inside.

Ravine was hugging a still Aeran who was in turn gazing out the patio doors.I looked as Aeran's hands finally embraced the shaking Ravine. But his gaze didn't deter from the patio doors.Did he gaze out at the vastness of the nature.? What was he looking at..?

Ravine's crying escalated and she hugged Aeran more tightly.

"I love you.I love you so much."

There was no reply from him.I averted my eyes to the ground at their display.I couldn't withstand anymore.It made me uncomfortable.And I didn't wanted to dwell on why it made me so.?!

As quietly I drew back against the wall.

So she wanted to occupy his room.?Wanted to spend as much time with him.?Wanted to finally enact her fantasy .?

I huffed.

I should help her. Shouldn't I..? A smile twisted my lips.

I narrowed my eyes and turned to go inside.But stopped as a thought occurred.

Hmm..not yet.Lets make it more enjoyable.

Taking one final glance at the lovers I retraced my steps to the stairs.

.......

The patio doors revealed her retreating figure to the hazel eyes that were zoned on her from the beginning.