24

I was tending my garden when I first heard it.A commotion of some sort.I frowned and cleaning my hands on my skirt got up to inspect it.

I walked in the direction the noise was coming from.It was near the main house.So many people had formed a circle just outside the main door of the pack house.They were yelling at someone or something.Some were pointing and cheering aloud at whatever was happening in the center. Many girls were fanning themselves.I took a few steps closer but not too much so as to gain their attention.What is going on..?

They were not moving even an inch.How am I supposed to see then..?I wasn't exactly the tallest here.Nor was I the bravest so as to push them aside, albeit gently and know  what the ruckus was about..?

As gingerly as I could I circled the side lines and climbed up the stairs leading to the main door.It helped in gaining some elevation for me.It was then I saw the dark head of Aeran. He was shirtless and involved in some kind of taunting match with another guy as per I could make out.His back was tensed,ready to attack at any moment.His shorts tugging low on his lean hips.I saw  most of the girls drooling at his shirtless body.His arms bulged with muscles.I could only imagine how he looked upfront.I could understand the need of those girls to cool themselves down by fanning.

Aeran was facing away from me.Ravine was standing sideways to him,her arms folded with a sneer on her face looking at the other guy in front of Aeran. I gasped suddenly.It happened so fast.One moment Aeran was engaged in conversing with the other guy,the next moment the other guy was on his back, lying on the ground.I looked as amazed and surprised as everyone else. Aeran appeared calm and collected.He wasn't even breathing hard.How had he managed to throw the guy down so fast and without even breaking a  sweat.

The silence was broken by the hooting that had started then.I stood on my toes for a better view .I saw Aeran's form bending down to the ground where the the other guy was sprawled. He  pulled the guy up by the collar of his shirt bringing his face closer, to whisper something.I saw the guy's face then.The once reddened cheeks from exertion had lost its color.He looked scared somehow.I tried to hear what was being said but it was impossible due to the commotion.

Aeran stood up and looked to Ravine who was smiling with stars in her eyes.She closed the distance to Aeran and pulling his head down kissed him fully and passionately, on the lips ,right there in front of everyone.The cheering escalated but my heart stopped beating.The kiss went on longer with everyone's clapping and whooping.Some of the guys whistled as the kiss became more intense and hot.My eyes didn't divert from the scene playing out before me.In some parallel universe, I might have been bold enough to go there and separate the two.But in this one,I stuck with my cowardly self and ducked down the stairs.I started walking back to the garden.Nothing else left to see.I don't know why I tormented myself.?

I heard someone calling me.I turned back  and looked around at the circle of the people .I found no one interested enough to bother with me,still engaged in their own business.I frowned.I definitely heard someone.The cheering ceased after a moment.I resumed my walking again.Not really wanting anyone else to notice me and start another event with me in center.

..................

But someone did notice and the hazel eyes tracked the brisk movement of the disappearing witch.

................

Another day had passed.I lifted my quilt up to my head,waiting for Aeran to come to his bed so I could sleep as well.I don't know how it started.But I couldn't sleep unless I knew he was there safely sleeping on his bed.I waited everyday ,no matter how late he was.I smiled as I thought about him. He never forgot to make as much noise as possible when he entered the room,switching on all the lights and taking loud steps, then turning on the shower and falling heavily on the bed after wards to sleep.All this to rudely  interrupt  my sleep. He did everything to make my stay here impossible.Never letting me forget who was in charge here.I am sure he did it to torment me in his own weird way.I'll never admit to anyone how cute his antics were or how much I enjoyed them.Did he really think this will make me leave..?!