37

Aeran

"Is it true..?"Granna is what you just said ,hold any truth in it..?" I practically shouted,

Granna was startled by my appearance at her door.

I couldn't stay still after I heard those words leave her mouth.How could I..?

I was too far gone in my fucked up mind to analyse anything clearly.I needed answers and I needed them fucking now before I lose my shit completely.

"I taught you better than that Aeran." Granna's calm voice pierced my thoughts sharply.I bowed my head in respect.But couldn't get me out of the pit of self realization I was burrowing in deep inside. I kept my eyes down no longer able to bear that look in her eyes.I was ashamed and Granna was the  last person I wanted to subject my shame to.If she comes to know what happened that last night,she'll never forgive me.How can she when I cannot myself..?

And now this..?

Was I too blinded by my hatred and anger that I couldn't figure out the reality in front of me.Was I that much of a fucking fool,.?

"Aeran,come here." Granna's silent command had my legs moving towards her.

I sank to the floor near her legs in the same manner I always saw her sitting here.I didn't knew what to think anymore.What I believed in was falling apart. "I fucked up Granna. I fucked up so badly." I whispered the words brokenly.

Granna pulled my ears to emphasize her point."Mind your language boy.I won't have it in here.But may be today can be your exception.Because you did Fuck Up."

I saw Aiinata leaving ,closing the doors without making any sound.Yeah no sound could be any louder than the ones making a ruckus in my head.My wolf  pounding my conscience in a way that was giving me  a severe headache.I closed my eyes unable to face this life where I was losing myself.Something felt empty inside and I didn't knew how to fill it anymore.My shoulders slumped as everything I had done made itself known pretty fucking clearly in my head in the form of the images that surfaced behind my closed eyes.I couldn't bear it.

"Yes it is true.I did what I had to do Aeran. I  knew  that she was your mate.I knew you loved Ravine but I did it anyway because that was the only way."

My head jerked up at her words. Granna knew she was my mate..?

The question must have been clear in my eyes because she nodded her head slightly to let me know."Yes I knew it.That is why I asked her to marry you in-spite of you telling her to reject this bond that was made for you by the moon goddess itself."

Granna sighed and laid back on the chair clasping her hands together ."The love that you hold for Ravine was momentary.It won't have lasted forever.Only the bond shared by your mate is eternal.Ravine wasn't chosen for you.And you need to accept that ."I cringed at her wisdom.The love I held for Ravine consisted of my entire existence .I have been in love with her for so long that I didn't knew how to un-love her now. Yes I was aware that Ravine won't be able to fill the emptiness that was left behind because of the mate pair love. But she was so fucking close and I could have lived with that.I planned my whole life around her,for her.So how am I supposed to just neglect her presence?.How am I supposed to erase her from my heart.?

 "I knew that once your own mate arrives in your life.You will accept her and give her the same respect and love that you shower on that Ravine girl.But how wrong I was.Because from the moment she arrived you showed her how unwanted she really was.You misplaced your anger on her when I was the one who should have been punished.I am the one to be blamed.Not her.It was never her fault.I can guarantee you that she wouldn't ever have come into your life despite knowing what you meant to her if I hadn't intervened.And then you would have the lost that treasure forever.But you did it anyway isn't it..?" Granna looked at me with a sad smile "You lost her.The only treasure that was for you.The only love that could have saved your life."