27

I was rushing to the house.It had suddenly started raining hard.One minute it was sunny and next the clouds were splattering the water droplets.I ran through the trees as fast as I could considering  my already soaked  skirt .Picking it up in irritation I increased my pace to reach the shelter of the main house.My eyes narrowed as it started pouring heavier than before.It was getting difficult to see.The trees didn't provide any help.If more it appeared as if the large  leaves were storing more than enough water only to dump it on me.

Not really caring about the stones and the other things in my path,I hurried.I sighed as I saw the opening from the trees. I sprinted not yet stopping to catch my breath.

Just a few more steps.

A sudden pain in my leg had me crying out.I stopped and looked at the big stone and then to my feet.My hands proved useless as I brought them up to shield my eyes.I couldn't really estimate the extent of the injury.I tried taking a step forward and stilled as the pain exploded in my whole leg.

"Ouch." I knelt down and gently touched the bruised area.Did the stone really hit me this hard..?!

It was hurting bad.I looked around to ask for help.But found no one.It seemed as if only I was stupid enough to be out in this rain.

I got up gingerly and tried walking again.Not more than two steps were taken by me that I fell down shrieking as the lightning thundered  in the sky.I shivered.The sound resonated in the forest.I have to hurry inside.A strong wind had started blowing.It was getting difficult to open my eyes as the rain descended heavily on my eyes lashes.Nothing was visible to my eyes anymore.

Oh Holy Mother.Give me enough strength to cross these few steps.A crackle sounded again and I jerked as I heard a booming noise coming from the forest.I was too scared to turn around and find its cause.My limbs trembled as I gathered enough courage to stand up again.The lightening struck again and the whole sky vibrated with the sudden brightness in the clouds.The ground started shaking.Am I imagining it or is it really shaking..?My thoughts turned incoherent as a burning smell invaded my senses.My whole body shook.Did the lightening strike a tree..?!

 I have to get inside.I looked at the ground to find a stick of some kind or something to help me stand up.Nothing.I moved my ankle a bit only to stop immediately when I heard a popping sound emanating from the joint in my ankle.The joint cracked again as I touched the area.After a while I gave up trying.

There was a tree a few feet away from where I was.I started dragging myself to find some sort of refuge there.As I reached my destination I rested my head back on the tree trunk.There was nothing more I could do.

I sat down on the ground cradling my leg as the pain intensified with each second.I sat there on the wet mud as the cacophony of the rain splattering and lightning striking made me freeze.It was getting chilly.The shade of the tree didn't provide much aid. My whole gown was soaked and the winds wasn't helping the matters.I brought my legs into my chest as slowly as I could, not willing to disturb the injured area.Resting my head on my knees I waited and prayed for the rain to stop.

  No one would come to save me.I lost my thoughts to hopelessness of the situation I found myself in.With each passing moment I realized how I truly didn't fit in their lives.They didn't even feel the need to check up on me. Aiinata and Granna must think me inside.I didn't even know where Dane lived.And why would he worry about me.?Although we were getting close but still it didn't warrant that much concern from him.And Aeran..? Would he even care..?

My desolation was clearly breaking my spirit.I felt helpless sitting here.Miserable.The gloom from the sky was touching something inside my heart.And I let it.

"What the fuck are you doing here..?Have you lost it completely..?" 

I jerked my head up as I saw a shadow looming over me.

Aeran.

Hope blossomed in my chest.I smiled at his presence which seemed to vex him.His whole demeanor spoke of his rage.My smile diminished .Of course he wasn't here to help me.

In a fit of fury he grabbed my arm in a tight grip and pulled me up.I let out a scream at the motion.My ankle throbbed mercilessly.I tried pulling my hand from his . He let go of my hand cruelly and I fell down again on my feet.The sudden agony bloomed inside in my leg and I howled at the stinging and burning sensation.My back bowed as my hands found the broken bones in my leg.I cradled it gently much to his annoyance.

"I won't fucking stand here all day for you.So get up, you bitch." I looked up at him.His eyes glared at me.His face twisted in anger 

"M-My ankle is twisted.I cannot walk." I whimpered looking down at my hurt leg.I could feel him clenching his jaw,his body vibrating with aggression.I trembled from more than cold.My eyes remained  to the ground unable to bear the hostility he emanated.

Releasing a string of curses,he bend down and lifted me up in his arms much to my surprise.My bewilderment must have reached him because he turned his face to me.I couldn't look away.

His eyes didn't look away from mine as well.The anger from a few moments before melted and his eyes softened.We kept staring.He stood there with me in his arms.And I got lost in the depth of those hazel eyes which beckoned me closer and closer.

Lightning struck again breaking the trance we found ourselves in.I flinched.As if just waking up,his face hardened again and he looked at me with pure loathing "Keep them away from my face before I peel them off  myself." The ruthless intensity of those words convinced me of the truth behind them.Quickly I gazed away from him and looked up front.

The relief and excitement his presence had brought me dimmed at the stark reality of my situation.

His hatred will always win out in the end.A piece of my heart chipped away again.His resentment and aversion will never go away no matter what I do.

He carried me inside jerking me with each step as he climbed up the stairs.There was nothing gentle about his help.I winced as each step further agonized my broken ankle.But I kept quiet.Not willing to face his wrath again.

As he reached the room ,he dumped me into the bathroom none too kindly and then without a word proceeded out of the room banging the door closed.

I can never make him accept me.

I sighed sadly and went on to  change out of my sodden dress.I walked with the support of the wall to the shower to wash away the dirt.It was the first time I had been inside.It was spacious and big.A shower stall in one corner with a big bath tub in another corner.A pristine white commode occupied the area near the big mirror.A porcelain wash basin completed the room.Small cabinets beneath the mirror were closed.Like the rest of the house the bathroom was fitted with modern decor. It smelled of Aeran. His body wash,after shave and other items decorated the area above the cabinets.

I divested my clothes and stood under the hot spray.It was soothing.Not spending much time I washed myself as quickly as possible.My ankle still throbbed.I took the support of the shower stall and helped myself to the towel hanging there.Wrapping it tightly around myself I exited and stopped suddenly.

There was a first aid box lying outside the bathroom door along with my bag of clothes.

I looked around and found no one.The door was closed.

I picked up the clothes and first aid box with a  smile on my face.

So despite his tough exterior and "don't fucking look at me" attitude,he did care.