54

Aiinata was following me silently.

I knew she had been privy to what had happened downstairs.I could sense her hesitation in approaching me,in trying to talk to me again.

I reached the place I wanted.

Without further preamble I opened the doors and the familiar but still strange sight greeted me.

My old room.

I entered inside taking in my surroundings.Everything was at their usual places.Nothing was disturbed.I liked that.

A slow smile blossomed on my lips.

"Zairi..Are you really sure you want to stay here ..?" I turned my eyes back to Aiinata who hadn't entered inside,like always.

Some things never changed,no matter how much time has passed.

"What do you mean Aiinata..?Why won't I be sure..?" I quirked a brow at her.

Her face paled at my inquiry. May be what happened downstairs did affect her more than I had estimated.

"N-No..Its just that..Granna asked you to stay up with your mate..Umm.." She averted her gaze unable to complete her sentence.

"I have no mate,Aiinata." The anger started boiling inside again.I My fingers formed a tight fist.My nails digging in my palms."I hope you'll remember that."

The atmosphere around us tensed.I saw as her body stiffened.She opened her mouth to say something but closed it again,thinking better about it.

Very reluctantly ,she nodded her head once.May be gauging my volatile emotions.I knew she hadn't accepted my claim.But was willing to let it go this once.

I appreciated it.My fingers uncoiled as I saw her submission.Anger again fading inside somewhere.I could see that she was thinking hard about this.

"I want my belongings back here.Can you help me bring them down here." I said loudly.

Aiinata jerked back from the thoughts that plagued her.She looked at me again with apprehensive eyes.

"But,,shouldn't you.."

"Aiinata,NOW."

My hardened tone finally made her move.She disappeared swiftly.

I let the tension go from my body.Giving a chance to my muscles to relax.

I made my way inside the washroom.Walking over to the wash basin I stared at my profile in the big mirror there.Splashing some water on my face I gazed at it again.

Water dribbled down my face.I followed the movement of the droplet as it cascaded down.

She wants me to stay where..?With my Mate.?

Unbidden the thought entered my head and I saw the change in me.The anger which had dissipated returned back with a ferocity.

My eyes flashed red.

The red radiance flying out to the mirror before I could stop it.The mirror cracked .The crashing noise loud ,echoing in the silent room.I closed my eyes instantly,trying to calm myself.

I heard as the pieces of glass started hitting the ground one by one.One nicking me in process.The sharp pain made me open my eyes.The red gash on my finger was already bubbling blood out.My eyes remained on the small cut.I saw as it started closing back again.The blood no longer making a big line.I brought my finger closer to inspect amazed.The small gash had already dissolved back in the skin.A new layer of skin covered the small gash.My skin was smooth again.