33

AERAN

"Come and stay with me tonight."

"Oh..I so want to but you know I have to go to that show tonight.They won't like it if I miss as well."

I looked past her to the car pulling in the driveway."How the fuck am I supposed to survive without you for a whole week..?" Ravine flinched hearing the rage in my words.What did she expect that I'll go down with her on this.?

"Aeran. We both knew about it.You were okay then.?So what is wrong now ..?" She said in a small voice knowing I can never ever be angry with her for long.

"I don't fucking know.Shit." I raked a hand in my head.Pulling the hair on the back of my head I said "I don't feel like being alone now.Can't you cancel it." I pulled her closer to my body,pressing her to my chest."Don't go."I pleaded again making her breathing hitched.I knew her reaction to my body and I took full advantage.

Ravine wound her hands around me standing still for a minute trying to calm us both down.I bend my head to her neck and kissed her lightly.She titled her head to the side giving me full access but then suddenly pushed me away playfully."Stop it." She gave me that teasing smile.."Let go,Aeran. I have to go.Please I don't want to miss it.You know Sally had a  hard time planning  it and everyone expects me there.I really cannot stay.I am sorry.But I promise I'll be back as soon as I can. OK.?!" Puckering her lips she kissed my lips to appease me and ran to the car ,already engaged in a conversation with one of her friends.Not really caring what I thought about the matter.

I stood there and waited until the car pulled away from my sight,disappearing in the night.

My hands rubbed my chest again. It felt empty inside as if something had been misplaced. And I wasn't really liking it one bit.It's been going on for a week and fucking irritated me to no end.The restlessness that surrounded me nowadays was really fucking with my head.Now Ravine had gone as well.

A fresh bout of anger entered my veins and I stomped inside.

My gaze wandered over to the corridor where Granna's room was located.She wasn't talking to me now.This was another reason why I was so pissed off.I glared in that direction.Not finding any answers I climbed up the stairs making enough noise.

Reaching my room I opened the room and was met with darkness.No lights were switched on.There was no fire warming up the cold night.The patio doors were closed with the curtains drawn.I entered the desolate room and forgoing the usual routine of showering,took the few steps to the fireplace.

Did the room always seemed this empty..?

Shrugging I diverted my mind to the task at hand. I began to kindle the fire.Piling wood logs inside, I lit a fire.Light suddenly filtered the dark corners illuminating  the room.As the fire roared I sat back down satisfied,on the carpet and stared into the fiery flames trying to find the fascination and the wonder in it.I lighted a cigarette blowing the smoke out into the fire.

Nothing interesting captured my gaze.

So what made her so entranced in it..?What delight did she find in watching those flames hungrily devouring the wood sticks.?

I stayed and kept my gaze on those yellow orange flames.It reminded of a same fire that had successfully destroyed the light in her eyes.The same fire that was comforting me destroyed her world.And I didn't do anything to help her.I stood and watched her crumble.Shrugging away from her touch.Pushing her away violently when she came at me with those blue fucking eyes begging for help.For some semblance of justice.And what did I do..?

Threw her trust ,her faith in me right back at her face.

Her face that spoke volumes of what we did to her.What I did.