81

AERAN

"Hey soon-to -be Alpha.?"

I stopped as Zero sauntered up to me.The smirk on his face making me want to punch it off.The fucker had the balls to come to the party.

"I am really curious about some-fucking-thing."He pretended to think with a frown on his face."Last I remember,wasn't Ravine supposed to be your Luna..?Your soulmate as you clearly stated..?So what has changed..?"

He can shit ..all he wants.

I turned back and started moving again.I had to find my Luna.The announcement will soon be upon us.She had disappeared from the Party.I could feel her near ,with the mate bond vibrating enthusiastically inside me.But something seemed off.I could feel it,call it my wolf instincts.Because the talked beast was going crazy inside.I have never felt him this restless .I knew something was about to go down.Something bad.Very bad.

"Hey,hey now.Where are your manners.You don't want me to rattle to Elder Kurona now,do you,Granna boy..?" Zero started walking alongside me,irritating and pestering me to no end.I really had the urge to beat the fucking shit of him again.My hands itched.My fingers twitching to cause damage.

No.

I cannot ruin the Ceremony.Ignoring him and his pesky tricks I kept on moving,avoiding his cackle.

The rivalry between the two of us went back long back.Yes, Ravine became a part of it but it was much later.Zero and I had always  maintained a healthy competition between us.We shared the mutual respect since we were supposed to act out the same roles towards our consecutive Packs in the future.Zero was supposed to head the Midnight Pack next year.I always  thought the bond between us would only grow stronger but something changed along the lines.He started taking the little games we played seriously.And as I started beating him in those games,his attitude and sportsmanship started suffering the huge blows on his ego and as a result,our friendship fell out and the bond we once shared crumbled ,like everything else in life.Then his crazy obsession with Ravine just added fuel to the fire and all was lost.Ruined beyond repair.

My voice held a warning tone to it."Just enjoy the fucking party,eat the fucking food and get lost Zero.I have no interest in you.When will you get the fucking hint..?" Dismissing him instantly.

I didn't want a fight today of all days.

He moved in my line of vision.Closer to me.Aggression reeking from his body.Ready for a fight."Not just yet ,you fucker.?So now that you have tasted that piece of ass...you wanna move onto something more.?..'He chuckled and leaned closer."Imagine my surprise when I  saw for myself..the one who has replaced Ravine  in you heart.I cannot fault you buddy.That girl..Now she is something spectacular."

My eyes narrowed in his direction."Don't complete that thought,motherfucker.If you know what's good for you."I warned menacingly as I stepped towards him.

His eyes glinted.I knew it before he opened his mouth. "I'd myself like to.."

I didn't let him complete the sentence.My wolf full out on rage.I pushed him back punching his face in.I stopped caring then,about Granna,about the Ceremony,about the fucking spectacle I'll be making before the whole wolf community.Only she remained in my thoughts.And the fucker who tried to even think about her.

I was never this possessive with Ravine but Zairiya,my witch  resided in my fucking veins,flowing gently and rapidly.She was buried so deep inside me that it was impossible to think about Me without Her.She owned me-body,heart and soul.I'll fucking kill before I let anyone even think bad about her.

The people near us stepped away further as they saw the intensity of the brawl that was about to happen.Two soon to be Alpha's in all their mind numbing rage, gearing for the head of the one present before him.The other wolves were smart enough to not interfere or try to stop the fight of their Alpha's.Their strength far inferior than that of their King's.Their voices and screams faded as the fucker before me became my only focus.To annihilate him my only purpose.

My wolf growled ,raging inside.Adrenaline pumping my veins.I punched him again as he came with his upper cut towards me.Kicking his midriff I swung my fist again and knelt when he I saw his punch coming.This to and fro motion continued for a few minutes.One minute we were going for each other's throat and the next moment everything stopped.

The fucking air stopped.A pain so severe attacked my system that I had no choice but to bow down to it.I looked at Zero and saw him doing the same.His eyes wide in  horror .A silent screech echoed in the vast ground.My hands automatically covered my ears.

I looked around and saw the other members falling to the ground with rapid speed.Their heads clutched in their hands.I moved away from Zero who looked at me in the same state of confusion that I was in.

What the fuck is happening..?

I tried contacting the others through our mind link.It was not there.I tried sensing her but she was not in my radar now.I panicked like nothing else when I felt my bond with her breaking beyond repair.Someone was brutally tearing her apart from me.Her life thread that connected to mine was being cut to pieces.I wailed as the pain in my head exploded more than I could handle.All my senses failed to find the source of the immense  power that held us immobile.

The red aura surrounded us all. It was then I  saw them.The hooded robe cloaked beings in my vision.They came slowly ,surrounding us methodically  and systematically as if they knew where to attack and where to stand guard,as if everything was planned.Everyone around me was on ground.Their shock and fear apparent in the cold night air.The once clear skies rumbled as if warning of the impending doom that would soon befall on all of us.

The robed beings didn't speak a word.Nothing.Moving as silently and stealthily as shadows.Their faces hidden.Their expertise in the fighting art clear with their stances.

I tried with all my might to break the spell that we all were in.But the more I tried, the more excruciating the pain became.I was kneeling on the ground.My body begging me to stop trying and stop this pain that poisoned my veins.But how could I stop..?

I didn't feel her.She was not here.Was she also in the same pain..?That single thought gutted me.I didn't want her to feel this.If possible I wanted to have all her share of pain.

The eerie silence descended as more beings surrounded us all.The whole wolf community was here for the Ceremony celebrations.So who was fucking with us like this..?

Without any thought for myself I struggled against the blinding pain that crushed me as I moved.

The pain went away as it came.I tried moving.

I couldn't move.My body  felt heavy and frozen.I couldn't move even a single muscle in my body.

Mind Control.I moved my eyes around.

With great efforts and Alpha strength I was able to move my head and could feel my fingers twitch but nothing else..My body not cooperating with my thoughts.No matter how hard I tried or how many times  I called my wolf to come out.Nothing happened.

I couldn't break the shield that held me captive.My wolf was surprisingly quiet this time.I couldn't feel his anger,his outrage and that in itself was the motherfucking hell of it all.And even then my mind screamed for "her".Her safety.

I looked at the front and saw the Elders,Dad.mom struggling ,in similar positions.Everyone was kneeling on the ground despite their ages,their ranks or their powers.The air of fear floated around the whole ground.

The reason for my panic was entirely different than theirs.I couldn't find her.My heart started thumping madly.Where is she..?

Where the fuck is she..?Has something happened to her..?What if something did happen to her..?No, I would have felt it.

The bond thread was teetering on the edge to be torn apart.

My eyes  landed on Granna who stared wide eyed at nothing in particular.I never saw Granna looking this pale.There was fear in her eyes.A sign of defeat and hopelessness in her gaze.It was then I knew we were fucked.Badly.Royally.Majorly.

Because if whatever had managed to scare her,to make her like this ,then we had no chance of fighting it.