22

AERAN

I knew it.She cannot be trusted.Ever.She can fool Granna but not me.Today I'll catch her  red handed.I'll prove it to Granna that she made a big mistake in bringing that witch here.

When I saw her hurrying out the door I was instantly alert.I got up and followed her down.I'll give it to her that she was good at it.Her footsteps light.It was only my wolf senses that helped me keep track of her movements.

Every night as I entered I always found her in the same position near the fire with that old quilt covering her whole.I knew she pretended to be asleep so I never failed to make as much noise as possible.It felt as if she waited for me to come back because only then would she fall in deep sleep.What did she intend do gain from that..?Was she waiting for the right moment..?To catch me off guard and spew her disgusting magic.?

  Did she really think I'll sleep unguarded with her around.?  

That was the one thing my wolf hated the most.Magic.You had no control over that vile stuff. No one could estimate its extent or the effect it will cause.? Good or Bad.And that witch was full of it.How can you trust someone when one is capable of making you do whatever one wills with just a swipe of  wand.?

Not me.That's for sure.I don't know what she did to fool Granna but I'll uncover her  plan today and no one will be more pleased  to kick her out of our lives.

As she disappeared in the kitchen,it piqued my interest.What,is she hungry..?

I scratched my head as I saw her gathering things.Putting the saucepan on the stove she added some leaves and flowers and stood as the water boiled.

She stood there stirring the pot and I kept my eyes on her.What is that..?

Occasionally she would look up and around but other than that she kept stirring the pot.I started getting irritated.What the fuck is she doing.?

I checked my surroundings as well.I didn't want anyone to find me here,like this.An hour had passed but she maintained her position by the stove.It was getting chilly.

As she kept stirring with that small smile on her face,I wanted to know what she was thinking..?Always she had this silly smile that sickened me.What made her smile like that after everything that has been done to her.?!

She smiled that day when I spied her in the cabin.I wanted to apologise for that demeaning incident to her.I was raised better than that but when I saw Ravine crying I just lost it.I didn't like her crying,in pain.

Ravine is my everything.We have been together since we were children.I always hoped for her to be my mate but when the time came she was rejected by my wolf.I cannot forget that day.All my dreams,all my hopes were just dashed to ground and I remember how hard I tried to not cry  for the huge loss. No one can understand what Ravine means to me.She was the one who was always there.Who cared about me, as Aeran and not the Alpha Aeran. Who knew me better than I knew myself.Who was able to understand the burden I was supposed to carry, being the Alpha and who was willing to share that burden.My other half.

Even if she isn't my true soul mate,she'll always remain my heart mate for as long as I live.She deserves that much after the blow we received from Fate.I had decided that I won't ever try to even find my true mate and marry Ravine instead but even that small mercy was denied when Granna announced her decision for me to marry that witch.Someone who wasn't even allowed to enter our lands.I don't know how she even reached that conclusion..?What did she expect from me..?She knew how much I loved Ravine,how much I wanted her to be my Luna.Despite everything Granna asked for my compliance and I was shredded.I agreed dishearteningly,I could never refuse her.She knew it and she took advantage of it perfectly well.