63

AERAN

I got up to leave the bed.A hand grabbed mine and I looked back down at the wide eyed Ravine staring up at me.

"Please don't go. Stay here." Her voice was hoarse.She had continued crying clinging onto me.She had thwarted her mother's consolation and all other's,sticking to me like glue.I didn't mind.What had happened in the room earlier had deeply impacted her.Us all.

Despite her protests I sat up in the bed.Turning towards her I cupped her cheeks."Ravine,you need rest.And apparently so do I.I'll go now and let you sleep.Okay."

She shook her head and wound her hands around my neck pulling me to her.I resisted. Taking hold of her hands I extracted myself gently and got up.

"You can sleep here.It's nothing we haven't done before,So why can't you stay.?" Her whining was really getting on my nerves.It has been the same  this last week.She was getting too clingy as of late.I don't know where her insecurities are coming from.Did I not agree to all her demands.?

"Ravine I am not in the mood to argue.Just sleep.We'll talk in the morning." I told her in my most stern voice.

She glared at me and pulling the covers over her face turned to her side ,away from me."Fine.Just fucking go.I don't want you here now,anyways."

I stood and stared at her petulant behavior. What  has gotten into her.?

Not paying it much heed,I shut the lights and made my way up to my room.I quickened my steps .Standing at the door I inhaled and there it was.The taste my wolf wanted.I opened the door and looked at the familiar surroundings.It was same yet not the same as well.My eyes roamed over to the fireplace which was blazing with flames.I sagged against the door as I saw her sitting there in front of it.Just like always.I rubbed my chest again as it pained,my eyes not leaving her small figure.

Mate.Near.Close.

I nodded my head absentmindedly.

Automatically my feet started moving towards her.She must have sensed my approach. Why is she not turning then..?

I stood there a few feet away from her staring at her back and waited for her to acknowledge me.Few minutes which seemed like hours to me passed.She never turned back.And it hurt.Painfully.My chest started aching again.

Why is she not saying anything..?Doesn't she has anything to say to me..?I was feeling comfortable even if it was only her anger .That meant  she cared at least. Isn't it..?She can keep on hurting me all day long if that satisfies her.If it is able to diminish a bit of that fury.

I cleared my throat to draw her attention.To acknowledge me.She didn't move from her position.Gave nothing that said she had heard me.She continued gazing in those flames.It was frustrating as all hell.

My anger was mounting at her lack of display of emotions towards me.My wolf growling at me to back down.As if I will.

I took a step closer and tried again."It's going to be cold today.You can sleep on the bed.I'll take the couch." Not that she cared where I slept.

It was then her body stiffened as if I said something atrocious to her.I saw as she straightened and got up ,her back still to me.She turned with a sweet smile on her face.The shock on my face couldn't be contained.My eyes widened and my mouth hung open.It changed her.That smile.Those dimples playing a peek a boo.It wasn't like I hadn't seen her smiling before.I remember the smile she gave to Granna or when I spied her working in that little garden of hers.

I looked closely at her.This smile was enough to fool anyone.But I saw the emptiness behind it.It wasn't the same.Her eyes didn't sparkle with happiness anymore.They were hardened.Filled with so much hate I cringed from it.I averted my eyes unable to bear this mockery she presented me with.