10

My morning arrived early.The sun was just rising.I freshened and sat at the window welcoming the cold breeze.

What happened yesterday shouldn't have happened.I was ashamed of myself.I shouldn't have lost my composure and ran like a madwoman after Aeran to complain about his Granna like that.That's not how Ma raised me.But I couldn't change it now.Neither could I fault Aeran in his hatred.I can very well imagine how it feels to have something in your reach and then not being able cross the distance to it. Isn't it what happened to me. Aeran is so close even then I am still not allowed to look at him.

I can understand his vexation with me but his anger terrifies me.Yesterday was just a glimpse,I am quite sure about it.

How can we go on like this.?

The chirping of birds was replaced by the cacophony of noises.I looked down to find the morning activities started.Many members were working hard ,lifting heavy log pieces of wood.Some kind of construction must be taking place in the side of the mansion.I suppose.I should venture out of this room and look about this new place. I feared my intrusion would be harshly condemned by all.They barely tolerated my presence in front of Granna. Undertaking the lonely journey to look around the house seemed a risky prospect.But I couldn't stay in this room forever.I'll have to ask Granna's permission first.

A knock on my door had my attention.I waited but unlike the last time there was no violation of my privacy.I walked to the door to find the smiling face of Aiinata.

"Good morning.How are you.?" She asked politely.

"Good morning to you too.I am fine thank you."

"Well I am glad.Elder Kurona wants you to have morning breakfast with her.She wants to know if you'll be there by 9?"

"I'll be happy to oblige her."

"Great.I 'll inform her.I'll wait for you." With that she walked away.

I looked at the clock.It was past 8.I should get ready .It won't hurt to arrive early.I could just sit at the table.

But what if Aeran is there.I was in no condition to face him today after yesterday's encounter.

No, he won't be there.Why would he.?

Leaving my thoughts behind I made my way to the dining area avoiding the living room like the plague.The memories still disturbed me.

I stopped, looking at the people occupying the room.

I had thought it was just Granna and me like last night.But today almost every chair was occupied.

I froze at the entrance of the hall separating the living and dining area to find Aeran sitting there as well.I took them all in. Granna had still not arrived. My eyes suddenly stopped at the  pair of  violet eyes staring at me.

I quickly averted my gaze.My body started shaking.They were all looking at me. No one said a word but I could feel their anger radiated towards me.Suddenly I found the company of the empty room much more preferable than this hall filled with people.I turned around to walk back when I heard my name being called.

"Zairi,come child.I was waiting for you.Join us ." Granna hobbled out the kitchen and took her place at the head chair.

I looked at the unoccupied chair near the end of the table far from everyone and proceeded towards it.But Granna's words halted me.

"Zairi,your place is here." I looked at Granna to find her standing near her chair. Aeran got up as well from his chair.I confusedly look at the place she indicated to find a blond head facing away from me looking at Aeran.