45

AERAN

I was just inches away from touching her when another scream shattered the room completely.I could hear the grunts from behind me where several other members of the pack were trying to subdue the fire and the damage as much as possible.I knew that last blast was enough to shake the whole property.Just one more force out of her power and we'll be lying under the debris.I have to reach her or she'll get more hurt.

"Aeran..you fucking bastard ... Get back now.Let us help her...You'll kill not only her but yourself as well."

"Sabrina..do something .Help him.Reach her...make use of your fucking magic.."

"Aeran...."

I growled in anger to get them the fuck outta my head.. Bullshit magic....

Why are they making this more difficult.I have to be there for her.

She's my mate.

Ignoring the voices I finally landed my hand on Zairi.

The peace that came with touching her out-passed all the pain I was going through.

I have her.

But it took all my focus and strength to keep my hand on her.Some opposite force was pushing my hand away from her.Her power was reacting opposite to my touch, burning more fiercely , the red surrounding her turned more darker shade but there was no response from her.She continued her shrieks as if nothing else mattered anymore.

Not even living.

Each cry for her Ma sliced straight through my heart causing irrevocable pain course through my body instead of blood .

I have to make her come back or she'll leave me.

As this thought crossed my mind I doubled the efforts of my weakening body towards her.Gently I started wrapping my arms around her so as to not cause her any harm and snaking my other hand through the red envelop.

It was crushing me.She still didn't sense me.Her body not recognizing mine.

And it was pure HELL.

The worst tortures of hell couldn't be competed to what I was feeling at the moment.Mentally and physically I was growing weak and my regenerative abilities weren't kicking in fast enough.All the alpha power was of no use in forcing her back in my life.

She was blocking everything out.Our bond was still not complete but  I would have been able to get in her head if I tried hard enough.But today no such luck was no my side. I was cursing myself for not completing the bond with my mate.

She'll be lost to me forever if I don't do anything.

As my other hand passed the haze and started coiling around her I started losing the feel of them.All my senses started shutting down slowly.My body systems weren't operating as they should.My breathing was labored and it felt as if  molten iron was getting poured all over my body.I didn't knew how much longer I would last but I wanted her to be safe even if this was the last thing I do.She is worth it.

The image of her in front of my eyes was becoming blurry and there was a strange silence all around me.My lungs were hurting with the mere effort of drawing in air.

My heart was being squeezed inside as if someone was gripping it with a tight grip.Fuck.

I staggered forward towards her and then all hell broke loose for me.

The assault on my body increased 10 folds and it was a miracle that I was still alive .Through my bleary eyes I saw her and despite all the pain that I was encountering I squeezed her with the left over feel I had over my body.I focused all my energy by closing the distance between our bodies.I pulled her close to me and it was then all the bone started cracking in my body one by one.