9

The day didn't turn out that bad after the delicious dinner and befriending the new pack member.Despite her tough exterior, Aiinata was a warmhearted person and treated me as such after the initial hostility.

Her husband had died 3 years ago leaving behind their only daughter who had moved to England after her mate.It was just once or twice in a year that the absent daughter traveled to meet her mother.It was strange to even imagine the same fate for myself.I won't be able to survive without knowing that my Ma is within a reachable distance from me,that I can go visit her anytime if I wanted.But everyone has their own stories.Who am I to judge.?

   I was jubilated to know that Aiinata was the "food mother" of Aeran who loved her cooking and adored her like his own mother.In between the lines I could read the worry on Aiinata's face, if Aeran missed her cooking that meant he was much more annoyed at my presence to let go of the delicious food that he enjoyed.

It was past midnight and still the house remained quite.When will he return or will he even return.?

I made my way to my bed after staring out at  the moonless night.It still bewildered me to gaze out to the thick forests and remind myself that I wasn't home with Ma and Sekra. Oh how I missed that annoying little creature.

A disturbance in the trees had me zoning in the direction of the window.I got up to inquire.

A sleek figure emerged out the woods and I was startled to see a magnificent black wolf out in the open.It was difficult to differentiate its black form from the black night.Only the small movement of the wolf prancing here and there was helpful to identify it.It looked like it was waiting for someone from the way it kept looking at the woods.

More noise followed and three more wolves emerged.One was smaller in size compared to the others,sleek white in color. The other two had grayish shades in color.They played among-st themselves for a while and then the two grey hounds disappeared back in the forest.The black huge wolf nudged the white wolf and kept dancing around it.Patting the white head lovingly with its muzzle.The white wolf kept shying away and walking away from the black one.But the black one didn't stop its perusal of the white wolf.It became clear that it was  a mate-pair.The bigger wolf was a male and the white one was she-wolf.It was beautiful to watch the love display between the two of them.

The two of them then started changing to their human forms.I could not rivet my eyes from the sight before me.I was spell bound by the scene.It was magnificent.The way the nature works.

In no time I could see a much bigger male with a lithe bodied female both naked and utterly shameful.I giggled.It was my first time watching the change.They were not even embarrassed to stand naked out in the open, so engrossed were they in each other.I sighed.

If only..

I stopped suddenly and focused at the male.

The smile on my face started disappearing.Although his head was turned,I could never mistake his  form for any other.

It was him.

Aeran.

With his body plastered to the  girl ,who was laughing loudly drawing my attention.I couldn't make out her face but from what I could gather she was tall ,reaching Aeran's chin in barefoot.The way she was clasping her arms about his body meant she was much familiar with him than I could have anticipated. Aeran was lovingly running his hands down her mid waist (length) hair,framing her face with those fingers,gazing in her eyes.My breath stopped when he leaned down to kiss her.

A small ache started forming in my heart.I clutched my left side to escape the pain not taking my eyes off from the scene below.The pain intensified but I couldn't move.I couldn't miss a single second of this display.My eyes started to itch from going without blinking for a while.Even then I couldn't make myself budge an inch.