52

Hatred.

That's what dominated over anything else in my heart.

Hate for them.For what they did.For what they stood for.

I let Granna drag me inside.I passed them all.Their gazes trying to burn me just like last time.

Yes,last time.

Oh how stupid I had been?!Craving their trust,their respect,their support, their love.Ready to do anything for them so that they could accept me,welcome me in their fold.Give me the family that I had always dreamed about.Not once did I ever even wish any harm to befall them despite their ill treatment towards me.I gave my all,never expecting anything in return.

And how did they repay me.?

By taking away the only one who mattered.

I haven't forgotten their part in it and I won't let them forget it as well.

It filled me with disgust to see their faces again. I didn't let it show out. I burned inside to show them exactly what I felt.

Patience.

I have to be patient.I have to find that one.The one who is responsible the most in ruining my life.

 "Zairi I cannot imagine the pain you are going through but please know that I am here for you." Granna's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.I looked at her.She seemed to have lost weight.Her cough erupted whatever next she was supposed to say.I got out of her hold to offer her some water.We had reached her room.

After she had gulped enough water I helped her sit down on the chair she always occupied, like the good old days.She waited for me to say anything.I really didn't have anything to offer.

I turned back to go out.

"Zairi..I know you are ang.."

I interrupted her before she could say something to break my resolve.I didn't want her sympathy.Her love anymore.She was as responsible as the rest of  them.She let my Ma die.Not once but twice.Her place in my heart crumbled to pieces when I broke down.I had no more to give to anyone.

I was done.

"Elder Kurona, I think you should rest now." 

I walked out, not seeing the flinch and not hearing the sharp intake of breath she took.Not paying heed to the small voice calling me to come back.

It didn't matter anymore.

I took my steps to the living hall where many of the members were still standing,no doubt discussing their next plan of action. Sarah and Leann  being two of them.Alpha was nowhere to be seen.

It all stopped as the first pair of eyes swung to me.

I continued my steps not stopping to greet them,not waiting for their reactions.I continued on,not letting my eyes drop to ground this time.I stared back at them blatantly.My hatred visible clearly to all.Daring even one of them to come out and call me out for my rudeness.Eager for it,actually.

My eyes must have been flashing red because I heard several gasps.I smirked.Satisfied to see that hint of fear in many of them.

"Listen child,I don't know what you wan't but I'll warn you right now.I won't tolerate you threatening our Pack." One of the elders I guess.I had seen him in  meetings with Alpha Zed once or twice.

I stopped before I could climb the first stair.So it has started.

"If you want to stay here.Fine.But you better be in your limits.If you ever cross your lines,I will not hesitate to.."