7

It was the first time that I was allowed to enter the Miyuri forests and I didn't waste the chance to look around.The huge trees with vibrant flowers and and thick leaves gave the road a scenic imagery.Bright red flowers adorned the falling branches with the greenest of the leaves.The darkness left behind the trees alongside the roads was filtered by the rays of the sun thus creating a sparkling effect.I was entranced.

This is what I missed for 18 years.The thought struck the sad chord in my heart.I wish Ma was here to share this joy with me.Nonetheless I was fortunate to be a part of the clan now.

I glanced over at Kurona who was lost in her thoughts.As if sensing my eyes on her she turned to me.A smile replaced the wrinkles on her face."How do you find your new home.?"

Home.My home.My lips tipped by themselves.

"Judging by those dimples,I don't think I need any words." Patting my head she continued"The road before you will not be easy.Even though they respect me, they will only go so far to tolerate the whims of an old lady.I can only hope that you will not regret your decision and blame me one day."

"I understand Elder Kurona.I know it won't be easy at all.I am happy that you found me earnest enough to even give this chance.Before you, I wouldn't even have dreamed of crossing these lands but here I am.Your trust in me gives me strength and hope that I'll be able to overcome any hurdles that come my way.I want to thank you for choosing me." I could never convey to her, the wonderfulness of the gift she had given me.To be able to be associated to Aeran in any way,it was a miracle in itself and I had her to thank it for."You can not think how grateful I am to you,Elder."

"Stop with this Elder nonsense.You are my granddaughter now.And those dear to me, call me Granna." 

With a sobering look she stared at me"Aeran has not accepted you yet.I can force him to marry you but I cannot force him to join his heart with you.You are the only one who can change this." 

Leaning her head back with a slight smile on her face she continued "Aeran is a great boy of mine and I am not saying this because he's my grandson.He outshines everyone else in the pack,even his father.No matter where he goes he earns their respect and their love without even trying.And that love is returned by him to all near and dear to him.All the pack members feel his love and that is why they consider him their own.Protecting him,loving him and trying to save him from anything harmful.My boy is special.You'll know this when you'll live here."She chuckled.

Oh Mother Nature how can I tell her that I considered him special and the beloved of my heart from the first time I laid my eyes on him.Even without knowing anything about him, I fell in love wholeheartedly.

"Promise me this child that you won't back away when you are faced with his rejection again.Even though he doesn't know it yet, he needs you and will need you in the coming future.Be with him always."

Her tearful gaze caught me off guard and without hesitating I took both her hands in mine and promised her  "I promise I won't ever leave him no matter what happens."

Nodding her head slightly she whispered "I know."And turned her head away towards the window.

The remaining car ride was silent and it was too soon that we reached the pack house.

We got out and I was amazed to see the sprawling mansion before me.It was magnificent.There were beautiful gardens on both the sides of the mansion.My eyes left the huge house to focus on the people present.It appeared that the whole clan was there to greet the Elders and to see the cursed bride of their future Alpha judging from the scowls and the glares directed my way.It was intimidating to say the least.Unable to bear their gaze any longer I looked at my feet.