50

AIINATA

I looked at her as she bowed before her mother's grave.Her hand  gently smoothing over the marble which held her mother's name and title in her life.The grief that emanated from her crippled me and I sagged down on the ground as I looked at her mourning for her mother.Never in a million years could I have imagined something like this to be happening.But it happened.And I was not the only one who saw the damage done.

She looked so lost sitting there.But no tear escaped those red eyes.She just sat there gazing at her mother's grave,expecting some miracle.How foolish, dear child.

No miracle can ever bring the dead back.

It had been hours since we came here.The Sacred Grounds.The place where only the Kranis Clan Elders were buried.Elder Kurona had insisted that Zairi's mother be buried here.In the same place where her sister slept.The same place where  Alpha Marcus slept. Granna knew Zairi would want her mother close to her sister.

She hadn't moved from her position.A perfect mannequin.That's what she looked like.Her silence was making me jittery.Scared in a weird way.The atmosphere around her warned  to not come any closer.The once smiling and good child had changed.It was clear.The Zairi we all knew to be, had left that shadow somewhere far behind.

She had woken up not long after I had pushed Aeran out.I still can't get over the shock of seeing those red eyes when they burned right at me.

"Take me to my Ma." Those were the only words that passed her lips.No other sounds.Nothing.

I tried talking to her,soothing her.I had laughed when she had gotten up from that rotten bed.I was excited to have her back but I was wrong. The old Zairi had died with her Ma and now this new one.She didn't care.Not for any one or anything.

The cold mask on her face was difficult to understand.She had closed off.This new aura of iciness and hatred had replaced the once  friendly and  caring  Zairi. A new strength and confidence made her more volatile.So I let her stew in her silence.I left her to it.I was scared to rattle that perfect mask. Of the consequences of performing such a task.

Everyone was aware of the havoc wrecked by her.Of the loss she had suffered.As always she was blamed.Cursed.The whole pack had come forward to point their fingers.

But behind that incredulous behavior was fear.

Fear of what they'll have to go through once again, if and when she opened her eyes.

It was the first time I saw fear in the eyes of many members of the Clan.The history had repeated itself.A life was lost again.A life that was the only one who could save us.

And now everyone anticipated the consequences of the actions that had transformed her into this new creature ,with dread.And if today was any indication then they probably should.

Who will answer her when she starts asking questions that must be plaguing her.?Who would be bold enough to face her wrath this time ?

I looked over as she got up after paying her respects for the last time .She started towards me.I got up startled.

I rubbed my eyes,unable to believe what I saw.

Oh Holy Mother.Save us all.

A red mist hung in the air around her.With her each step it started getting brighter. Her whole being radiated with the same intensity.Her eyes shone red.A power struck me motion less as I saw her coming closer.I couldn't move my eyes from the sight before me.

She stopped before she reached me.

"It's time to return."A cruel smile twisted those lips.The mist around her intensified more.

Lord have mercy.

Because it was clear she will have none.