70

I washed my face and looked at the mirror again.

Was it that easy.?

To break through hatred ,anger...Was it that easy for him.?

Washing away the dirt as quickly as I could,I grabbed the towel to dry off.

My muddled brain which had forgotten the reality ,stumbled up to the harsh reality I was intent on forgetting.The only things that I could call mine,which were completely mine were lost to me. Ma no longer existed in this world.

Is it really easy to forget .?

I turned to the mirror.To the disgust on my face shining back at me.The reflection staring back at me pointed it's ugly finger in my face.Questioning me.My love for Ma.Taunting me.That doubtful glance searing my heart once more.The agony inside increased as each breath left my body.

It was then my traitorous eyes fell on the huge mark on my heart.My fingers involuntary rose to touch the damage.It was still as dark as ever.It never faded.Every other mark or cut or any injury always went away.But this.It always stayed.Always.

And with it came the reminder.The cruelness I was trying to hide from.Here it was shaming me yet again.

That night floated behind my eyes.The images as clear as ever.Those sounds as audible.It stabbed me right where it hurt the most.

I saw my eyes turning red with hues of black.The darkness once again claiming it's spot inside.Urging me to destroy that which destroyed me little by little.

At last they were all black and I lost the tiny shred of compassion I had acquired.The dominating side won and the evil spread it's wings to fly once more.Ready to annihilate the hope that had started springing inside.Thrashing and maiming anything that stood in it's way.

Them.Him.

Me.

Even I won't be spared and I jubilated in that fact.

Real happiness.Finally.