18

Granna's return made the entire week happier for me.It was refreshing to listen to her trip adventures and tell her about the progress made in the garden.In no time it will be as green as I could make it.

I was staying in the main house again.It felt as if I was not thrown out just a couple days ago.No matter how hard I tried I still wasn't able to forget that cruelty.Maybe some part of the brain wanted to retain that memory forever. Aeran had certainly lost the seat of the high altar he occupied in my heart. Nonetheless love for him still bubbled every time I saw him doing something out of his character.Like yesterday he scooped up the little boy who had fallen and scraped his knees.How lovingly he soothed him and talked to him,calming down the little hellion.It was unforgettable how the little boy paid Aeran back by kissing his cheek with utmost love and respect.The devotion the pack members held for him.How they hung on his every word as if the sun itself was shining out of that noble face. Aeran  returned that same affection and warmth to every member of his pack,old or young.Despite knowing his love for Ravine,every girl still swooned when he took off that shirt, in that very guy manner.Ravine never missed the chance to show everyone what her place was in Aeran's heart.It was kind of funny how she boasted it to any girl who failed to conceal her hidden desire for Aeran. 

She was ruthless and managed to make more than one enemy as was quoted by Aiinata."That girl will one day find herself kicked down a notch or two by all those ,she discards with a flick of her hand."

I don't know what it was but Aeran managed to impress and compel others to just love him no matter who.He easily gained everyone's respect and warmth by not even trying.It was just this aura around him that forced you to notice him,to like him,to talk to him,to be near him.A sense of authority cloaked him that made people just follow him without any qualms.

I was not safe from that attraction as well.My heart longed for him despite everything he had done.It was never hard to forgive him.But to forget what he did was also impossible.My heart and my head were always in conflict.I didn't know what to do anymore.Many a times my body decided that it still feared the very enraged Alpha and started quivering on its own whenever he was in vicinity.Other times I found myself lost in him.In those soulful eyes he had when he talked to Granna or when he looked at Ravine.The warmth he radiated when he hugged his mother.The respect he bestowed whenever he conversed with his father.I didn't miss a moment ever and captured him many a times by peeking him at him ,always hiding but always watching.I couldn't help it.I guess old habits die hard.

He didn't talk to me after that interaction when he allowed me to stay here.Like everyone else I found myself obsessed with the power named Aeran.

The same thoughts kept on plaguing me as I returned to the main house.Climbing up the steps I entered only to halt at the sight before me. Granna stood near the stairs along with Aiinata who was looking green in face.A very troubled Aeran was trying to talk Granna out of something.Sarah and Leann watched the exchange from the living room,looking worried.Ravine had an almost murderous look on her face as she turned towards me.I frowned and took a few steps near to hear what was going on.

"Granna,please don't do this."

"Aeran,I didn't expect this from you.Now get out of my way." Granna's tone held a chill.

Hearing me approach, Aiinata turned to me "Zairi has returned, Elder Kurona."

Granna turned immediately and pinned me with her gaze.I stopped walking feeling alarmed.What has happened..?

"Zairi ,you are just on time.Come and lead me to your room." I looked down nervously.What should I do now..?"Zairi I am waiting.Show me yours and Aeran's room." The implication wasn't lost.