79

I looked at myself in the mirror.Again.

It really is me.I looked so different.

The pink gown ,present from Granna accentuated and highlighted my black hair.With the dress,there was jewelry to go along with  the gown.A simple black diamond necklace  clasped my throat lightly and my ear were adorned with the same black diamond tops. I straightened my hair .A small clip bunched a  section of my hair at the top and the rest flowed down gently to my waist. Then Aiinata had came back to insist on makeup which she applied on me despite my protests.It was no wonder she was so adamant about it.My face glowed.The girl staring back in the mirror indeed looked really pretty.

A small smile bloomed on my face.Ma would have been so happy if she saw me looking like this.

Today was the day,I'll finally be able to catch the murderer.And then....

I walked to the balcony and looked outside.It was such a beautiful night with stars twinkling in the the sky.The full moon hung brightly in the sky shedding its light on the creatures below.The picturesque scenery was enough to uplift even the most sorrowful  of moods.The gentle breeze caressed my skin.The trees swayed slightly to the direction of the wind as if willing to bask in the quietness and exquisiteness of the beautiful nature.I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air.It soothed  my soul.

Today,It'll all end.The cycle that my selfish wish started.It'll all be over with.And then ...who knew what the future held.

I stood there in the serenity of the night and let myself dream with the "What Ifs."

What if it was all different.What if Ma was still alive..?What if I had met Aeran before..?What if his love could have been mine from the start..?What if I had never met him.?

What if.?

My emotions were all over the place.I didn't knew what to feel anymore and had just resigned.I was really tired now.I was not able to find my place in this world.Where did I really belong..?What was I supposed to do..?Where should I be..?

Life kept on giving me the hardest blows.I used to fight them with all my might.Now,it didn't interest me anymore.My will....it had died somewhere ,without my knowledge.I just existed,a slave to motions happening around me.

One thing left for me to do and after that I just.....

The harsh reality couldn't be ignored  longer.The cacophony of the  sounds from below finally reached me.

It was starting.

I opened my eyes and gave a final glance to the moon,thanking the Goddess residing inside, for making my wish come true even when it turned out to be the greatest bane of my existence.

I made my way inside as the door opened .

I stopped as he sauntered inside ,to look at him.

He looked handsome today.The black tux he wore gave him the regal appearance of his status.Nothing could  compare the masculinity and grace that he carried .He too, stopped and looked at me.No, actually gawked at me.I couldn't divert my eyes this time.His eyes didn't let me.His hungry gaze raved up and down at me.And then those lips tilted and I saw the same affection and love that I always wanted him to have for me.An actual breathtaking smile.Without any  word ,he started making his way to me.I stood frozen to the spot.He stopped a step away from me.The heels I wore, made me taller today and I was able ,to at least, match his height a little bit.

He opened his mouth to say something then stopped and shook his head,ruffling his well made hair with his hand as he raked them.I looked at him questioningly.And it was then I realized he was nervous.Alpha Aeran was nervous.