26

I passed through the forest and reached my destination.I tried not to think about what happened yesterday.

I didn't want to think about it.Still my traitorous mind traveled that path again.

He didn't return yesterday.Where did he go..?Was he with Ravine yesterday.?Is that why he didn't come back..?

Reaching the thorny boundaries,I trotted inside and took in the beautiful miracle inside.Not long ago it was just barren and now there were so many flowers and different leaves painting the Earth in many colors. I was proud of the garden.Of what it had become.

I smiled and bent down to touch the living beings there."I am so proud of you all.Despite all the odds, you survived and grew up to be this beautiful.Thank you for being alive."

This was my only solace in this foreign land where I didn't belong no matter how hard I tried.And I did try every day.To leave some sort of a sign that I was here.That I tried.And this right here was my greatest treasure.The fragrant surroundings made me inhale deeply ,soothing my inner turmoils.Whenever I was here It always felt as if these plants,these flowers ,they spoke to me.Helping me keep my mind and soul occupied.Not letting me forget that they needed me as I needed them.The only outlet to my wayward emotions.My prized possession.The only thing I could truly call mine.

My garden.Yes, just mine.

"Yo.!!Whats up..?" I jumped startled and fell back on ground,landing on my ass.

I stared wide eyed at Dane who was holding back his laugh at my expense.He walked to the tree stump and sat down leisurely.

"You scared me." I said getting up and dusting my skirt.Putting my hands on my waist I scrutinized him."What are you doing here exactly..?" I stiffened.I didn't know him. No one came here.I just met him yesterday and I really didn't want any trouble today.This was my paradise.I didn't want anyone intruding this haven of mine.

"Just trying to pass my time.I have nothing else to do." He said looking at the rows of different plants which had grown considerably from short shoots."Really impressive.What you did here." He smiled at the plants that danced to the tunes of the breeze blowing.

"What do you want..?" I asked as my spine stiffened more.My eyes narrowed.I didn't knew his intentions but I didn't let my guard down.I just won't let anyone ruin the only thing that was a source of joy to me.

"Whoa.Calm down.I am harmless.See." He thrust his hand out,shrugging his shoulders."I just want to enjoy this all.Its soothing to just sit here and take them all in.Its relaxing ,to be quite honest.My mind would do well with a little silence ."

My eyes soften.He can never mean any harm to them."I never saw you before yesterday."

I wiped my hands on my skirt and sat at the rock lying there.It was a comfortable looking thing.It came with the garden.Sometimes I thought whoever handled this garden earlier ,wanted it to be a place to sit and admire the Nature's Art comfortably.

"I was away,visiting my dad.Just for a few months more.I am waiting to get out of this place." He said nonchalantly but I could detect the hint of sadness in his words.

"I don't understand. Isn't this your home..?"

"Home.?" He laughed sarcastically "What is  a home,exactly..?" He threw a questioning glance at me waiting for my response.

I started unsure "Well it is a place where you find the most peace.I guess.A place you can stay comfortably and in company of your loved ones.Where no one ever questions your presence or your actions.Where you are needed and accepted as you are.A place with no fear,no hatred,where you don't need to pretend.A place where love is abundant.A place where you find everything that your soul desires and that makes you content." I smiled thinking about Ma.My home.