23

I gave the concoction to Granna the next day .Even though she profusely complained about the taste,she made the habit to take it everyday after seeing and feeling it's wonders herself.The effects of the daily intake were visible to all. Granna was seen out more now than inside her room.She was cheerful after having the freedom to walk without the pain in her joints and muscles.I knocked twice and entered her room. Aiinata was feeding her the two spoonfuls of the concoction. I laughed when Granna screwed her face and tightly closed her eyes as she gulped the water as fast as she could.

"Granna,you know you are acting like a small child." I took my usual seat and sat down by her knees slowly massaging it.

"Couldn't you have made it a bit sweeter..?" She patted my head almost immediately.

"Oh Please Elder.We all know what the potion has done for you.So stop complaining." Aiinata admonished her with a smile.

"Yes,yes.How did you learn to make it .?" Granna asked looking genuinely interested.

"Ma taught me.She found it difficult to walk during winters." I supplied the information."Ma knows about all the healing herbs and she tried imparting all that knowledge to me.But I was given the credit of being a "forgetful healer" when I kept on forgetting the names of the plants and confusing them.I know only the basics.Sore throats.fever,headaches,pain in knees." When Ainata and Granna looked at me expectantly to increase names on that list I grinned ruefully  "Yeah ,that's about it.My brain was  able to retain only this much."

"Hmm that's nice.My knees ache in the winters as well.Do make some for me as well" Aiinata ordered and went out the door rambling."Lord knows how much I suffer.It is on..." 

I turned back to Granna who took my hand in her and kissed it"Thank you child.The potion has really lessened the pain.I can sleep at night peacefully.I had resigned to having them all my life.You really wrought-ed a miracle for this old lady.I am grateful to have you here."I said as I returned the favor by kissing her hands in turn.

My eyes crinkled at the unexpected warmth from her.The dimples popped as I smiled even wider."You don't need to thank me Granna. It makes me happy to do anything for you.Even  a small thing like this."

"I know,child.I know." She whispered and looked at me intensely "You are just like her."

"Her.?Who are you talking about.?" I asked.

"Your Ma." That generated my curiosity.I opened my mouth to ask further but Granna  shook her head as she gazed out the windows "I am not the one who should answer the questions you have."

I let the topic drop at that sensing Granna's sad mood.Maybe I'll ask Ma someday.I really missed her.One of these days I 'll ask Granna to let me go visit Ma.

I got up to leave her in peace.I was just about to go out the door when she stopped me with her question."He's treating you well. Isn't he..?"

I didn't need to ask who "he" was..?

I waited a moment to gather my thoughts and pasting a cheerful expression turned around "He treats me really well,: she looked at me stern catching my lie instantly " considering the circumstances." I added to appease her.

She kept her eyes on me trying  to search for the lie I conveyed.She nodded her slightly "I am glad." With that her eyes turned out the windows again.

I made my way lost in thoughts.I felt awful lying to her but I didn't think I'll ever be able to hurt her as well by telling her the truth.In the short time I had known she had become  important to me .I couldn't risk upsetting her.

I collided with a hard wall and I was about to fall when a hand wound around my waist.I clung to it desperately,not at all eager to break my back on the hard floor.I gasped as my eyes followed those hands up to the hazel eyes staring back at me with the ever present scowl on his face.

Not thinking I quickly scrambled to get away and keep my eyes down.I only managed to make myself fall again when his second hand joined the first one and he growled "Stop fucking moving."

Willing my heart beats to slow down I tried calming myself.I swear I had stopped breathing and the magnified sound of my heart beating this loudly must be audible to him.Wasting no time  he righted my frozen figure but didn't step away.I didn't dare raise my head.He stood there so near yet so far away.I could smell him.His amazing cologne along with his own masculine scent that was present in every corner of his room.I knew perfectly well that I will never ever tire of his fragrance.A person's own fragrance makes him distinguished.It tells a story if only you can understand it. Aeran's smell spoke about his warmth,his loyalty,his charm,his elegance,his honesty,his love.Oh how I wanted to just bask in it.To be allowed this near him.

I was surprised to find his hands still on me.I could feel his eyes on me.Staring hard.My skin prickled where he was still touching me.I took it as a blessing to be this near him.

I kept my eyes away from his .I was lost once again in him,forgetting the world.I was amazed he hadn't still threw me .

Not even few seconds passed when suddenly I was shoved away.I missed his warmth instantly.Ravine's murderous glare was about to burn me then and there.Standing before Aeran ,with her back touching his front intimately,she pushed me back again.My legs tangled and I fell back on the wall. I straightened myself with the wall's support  and maintained my posture. 

"How dare you touch him.?"She shrieked.I flinched.My body tensed as she raised her hand to hit me out there ,in open,just a few steps from Granna's room.I cannot let Granna find out.

Before I could say something in my defense,Aeran grabbed her hand.I looked at him astonished.Did he really stop her?To save me?

My surprise gave way to sadness as he gritted "Granna might hear.I don't want to upset her." My eyes fell on the ground miserably.Not knowing what to do I just stood there. They were blocking my path. I waited a while before Aeran grabbed Ravine's hand and pulled her gently after him.Ravine's furious eyes not leaving my face.I kept my head bowed not angering her further.She was incensed.As they disappeared behind a door,I resumed my steps back .I was not getting a good feeling about this altercation.Ravine won't let go of this lightly.She won't understand that it was just an accident.She won't even listen to me even if I tell her.Only time will tell what evil scheme she'll come up with to torment me.

  I sighed melancholy. I was so tired of all this.

Rubbing my hand over my face I reached Aeran's room and prepared to settle down for the night.I touched the places where he had placed his hands upon.I swear I could still feel his warmth there.A tingle traveled up my spine making me shiver.I hugged myself.How surreal his touch was.The faint whisper of his fingers on me.I smiled despite myself.But the smile was lost once again.

They called me a witch.

If only, I had the magic to make him mine.!