25

It took me a while to make sense of the words Dane spoke.

I stared ahead.Not really seeing anything.Suddenly my world had turned blank.A void.

I remained that way.

"Hey.." A hand touched my shoulder lightly.I looked over at Dane's concerned face floating before my eyes."Are you alright..?You don't look good."

My brows furrowed.Hunh..?What is he talking about..?Why won't I be alright..?

"I am fine."I said in a monotone taking my eyes away from his face and focusing on the fight that had already started.

"Oh well. I've been calling your name for the last 5 minutes.Do you want to leave.?" He asked.I looked back at him.No thoughts crossed my head.

"May be we should go.You don't look fine to me." His narrowed eyes focused on my face.

What..?

"Yeah ,lets go." Hunh. Did I speak aloud.?!But I didn't, did I..?

Leave here.Yeah. Maybe I should do that.Why was I still standing here..?

Not see Aeran. Nor that girl.

I should go.

Grabbing my hand Dane pulled me behind him as he made his way back to the pack house.

It was then the shouts and aggression on the field behind me made their presence known.I glanced back to look once more.

I cannot leave Aeran here.Can I..?

"No we should go back." I resisted as Dane didn't stop pulling me along with him.We were gaining more distance from him.

"What if he gets hurt..?Who'll look after him..?I have to go back.Stop it." It didn't look like he heard me.I shouted then."Stop it.I am not going anywhere. Aeran needs me here.What if he .."

Dane stopped suddenly.I crashed into his back.Turning back to me ,he scowled "Are you fucking insane.You want to go back..?To do what..?Look after a fucker who doesn't even acknowledges you..?"

He threw my hand down and ran it through his own hair.

I don't know what he saw on my face but the next second he was hugging me to himself."Stop making that face."

I brought up my hand to return his hug.I crushed his T-shirt in my hands holding tightly.

"He has married me.I am his WIFE.He took his vows before God.Before his parents.Before all these people.Then why is she allowed to stand there by his side..?" I whispered brokenly."Why doesn't he see me..?Tell me.Please tell me."

His answer was to tighten his hold further.

Oh Holy Mother..Please make this all go away.I am tired.

So tired.

Why do I have to suffer like this..??

What have I done so wrong.??

How am I supposed to live like this..?

I pushed back from Dane and ran to my room.Closing the door shut I raced to my makeshift bed and pulled the quilt up over my head.Nothing can reach me here.

I shut my eyes tightly and prayed to the Mother Nature to grant me this small mercy,to let me just get lost in oblivion for a few hours at least.