An Award Show

Miranda's pov

I groan and turn over in my bed. Sierra walks in smiling. "Hey girl, I had the strangest dream." I mumble, blinking. She laughs. "That was no dream." She says and glances at the door. That's when Jason walks in. Oh man! He smiles. I nervously wave and Sierra leaves. "Ugh I looked like a total idiot like that." I mumble, hiding my face. "No you didn't. The doctor came for a visit, you fainted cause you were sick." I'm surprised. I thought it was because I finally got to talk to Jason. "Anyway, I've gotta get going. But when you get better, call me so you can go to the concert you missed." "Thanks. That's really nice of you." We exchange numbers then he has to leave. Sierra and Rachel come back in my room. "You girls are some kick ass convincers to have gotten the asphalt cowboy to come to our house! How'd you get him to do that?" "All we did was ask and he said sure." "And the arrow through the milk?" "His idea. He's pretty odd sometimes." I laugh and sit up. Either way I met my hero.

Jason's pov

I get back to the place where our buses are. "Where have you been all afternoon?" Tully asks, tossing me a beer. "Nothin' I just made a house call for a sick fan." "Aw such a sweetheart." Kurt teases. I roll my eyes. "I love my fans. Where would I be without 'em? So when there's a chance I can give back to them, I'm gonna take it." I crack open the cold one and sit on the couch beside both boys. "Hey Mike, what's our next tour stop?" "We have one in Kentucky and another in Minnesota." That's far away. I'll still figure this out.

*later*
I was dozing off when my phone beeped. It's a text from Miranda.

M: I just wanted to say congrats on the entertainer of the year nomination.

That's it! I could let her come to the awards with me! Since I don't have another show down here! I'm such a genius!

Miranda's pov

Jason texts me back.

J: I could really use a date to the awards if you'd like to come.

My eyes go wide, shocked. He wants me to be his date for the awards!?

M: really?! Me?

J: lol yeah. If you're up for the challenge. :)

M: definitely.

This is the best day of my life!! Jason wants to take me as his date to the awards.

J: I'll see you next week then.

M: yeah see ya then. Thanks.

J: no problem.

*one week later*

Jason's picking me up for the awards today. I pick a red sequined dress with musical note earrings and jeans that have hearts as pockets in the back. I put on a charm bracelet, grab my phone and hear the doorbell ring. My pace quickens instantly. I race down to the front door and pull it open.

Jason's pov

Whoa! She looks amazing. Drop dead gorgeous. "Hey, wow you look.... Wow!" Curse my stupid talk in front of hot women! She smiles. "Thanks Jason! You look handsome too but that's normal." I turn red and hold an arm out for her. "Shall we?" "We shall." I lead her to my truck and we drive to the awards. Luke and Brantley show up right when we do. Luke has Caroline as a date. Brantley brought Amber. They walk over. We wave. "Who's your new friend Jason?" "My date. Her name's Miranda." "Makes me think of Lambert." Brantley says. I smile. "We're gonna head to the red carpet now guys." I say, waving to my friends.

Miranda's pov

This is so cool. I just stood in front of Brantley Gilbert and Luke Bryan. The guys of outlaw country! I smile and Jason holds my hand as we walk the carpet with people taking pictures of us. I block the bright lights from my sensitive eyes. He waves to the crowd. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go sign autographs for fans." He starts to walk away. My eyes go wide. "Don't leave me!" I gasp, a little too late. My eyes stay glued to Jason. "Are you Jason's new girlfriend?" Someone shouts. Others shouting other questions at me and taking pictures of me.

Jason's pov

Luke runs over with a panicked look on his face. "What's wrong bro?" I ask, turning around. "The paparazzi is seriously dogging your girl!" Oh crap! I rush back to the red carpet and grab her hand. "No further questions please." I shout over the reporters as we run outta there. "Well that was something." I mumble. "Do you deal with that every award show?" She gasps, looking shocked. "Yeah sorry. I get so used to it I didn't even think about them messing with you. Sorry about that hun." "I-It's okay. Just a little unsettling. No wonder you have no privacy." "Yeah them reporters are like prison dogs. They'll sniff out anything they can get their damn pens on." Thank goodness she's okay and not freaked out. "How about we find our seats." "Yeah that'll be nice. Thanks for bringing me, I'm having so much fun." I smile. "I'm glad hun. I was hoping you would." I hold her hand as we walk to the seats. "The show's about to start with my knucklehead best friend being a host oh and Luke's up there too." I joke. She laughs. I smile. I think.... I like this girl.