Southern Comfort Zone

Jason's pov

I miss the guys and I know Miranda misses Sierra and Rachel. I laid down that night conflicted. "Ya can't run from your troubles." I hear whispered. The door flies open. "Hello?" Silence. I walk out the door, confused. Mason stood at the end of the hall. "Ok I'm going crazy." I say, rubbing my eyes. I follow him. He stops walking and grabs my shoulders. "You gotta go home, Jay. You can't run from your troubles by going to space." "I'm not runnin' from nothin'. I wanted to come here." "Really?" He asks. I bite my lip. "Leaving mama and dad, the guys in your band, your fans! Luke!" He gasps shaking me. "Miranda's friends.... My girlfriend. What it is, is you're running away from the guilt of my death!" "N-No! I'm not!" I lie. "Jason I'm not dumb. I know you like the back of my hand. Go home." He fades away and I wake up in bed. Go home? I don't wanna go home! My chest feels tight. I stare down at my wife. She's gonna have a baby. I want him or her to be a Tennessean or a Georgian! I have to go home. I pick her up, keeping her asleep. "Scotty tell Jim I'm sorry but I.... This isn't me. I've got unfinished business back home." He looks sad and shakes my hand. "You will always be welcome here." I force a sad smile. "I won't ever forget you Scotty." He smiles. "Goodbye cowboy." He teleports us home and I lay her in our bed. Her head lulling, a smile on her face. I smile and kiss her head. "Welcome home baby."

*the next day*

Miranda's pov

I wake up and stretch, missing home... Missing my friends. I walk out and gasp in surprise, being in our Tennessee home! I run back in the room. Jason's snoring.

Jason's pov

*in his dream*

Me and Mason were hunting when I heard singing. He smiles. "You know who it is, don't ya?" He nods but I know he won't tell me. "When I miss my Tennessee home and I've been gone way too long but I can't see this world unless I go... Outside my southern comfort zone!" Mason slaps my shoulder. "Wake up, sleeping ugly." I laugh softly.

*he wakes up*

I open my eyes, staring into the lovely eyes of my wife singing Brad Paisley. "Waking up to you is the best thing ever." "Jason, we're home." I smile softly at her. "I know." I sit up and kiss her. "Our baby is gonna be a country boy, diggin' his boots in the dirt and planting his roots right here where we call home." She smiles. "How do you know it'll be a boy?" I pat her belly. "Ya better be a boy, I want a son." "And what if it's a daughter?" "Then she ain't dating til I'm dead or she's thirty." I say, pointing at her. She laughs. "Oh Jason, what am I gonna do with you?"