Songwriting Talent

Jason's pov

I was shooting darts with Luke in the garage while we did songwriting. "Bullseye!" I gasp, pumping a fist in the air. Luke laughs.

Miranda's pov

Me and Sierra were hanging out while the boys were writing songs. I was telling her about what happened at date night. Her eyes are big when I'm done. "Damn, that desperate fool needs to let go." "I know right." I say sipping my sweet tea. "Hey babe can ya bring me a beer?" Jason calls. I stand up. "Sure what about you Luke?" "Yeah. Thanks darlin'." He says. I bring two beers into the garage. "Thanks hun." Jason says, kissing my cheek. "How's the songwriting going?" I ask. "Eh we're gettin' it but we're a little stumped on this song." I sit beside them. Blood brothers was the title. "Just the title makes me think of you two." I say. Luke laughs. "That's what we were going for." He says. The lyrics stop at, "It's a cowboy code, it's an unwrote law." I put the pencil to my lip thinking. "I think I got a lyric for the next line." "Fire away girl." Jason says, resting a hand on my knee. "If ya mess with one, ya gotta take us all." I suggest. Luke and Jason look at each other. "Yes!" Luke says. "Love it!" Jason says, ruffling my hair. I smile. "I'm glad you like it." I say, standing back up.

Jason's pov

Miranda goes back inside. "That girl of yours has real talent." Luke says. "I know. She's a genius when it comes to music." "Dude I think you should make her one of your official songwriters." Hm I never thought about it. "I like the idea. Thanks Luke."

*later*

We were getting ready for bed. I had just gotten out of the shower while she was brushing her teeth. "Hey hun, you've got a real songwriting talent. I was thinkin' you could write songs for my records." Her eyes go wide and she spits the toothpaste out. "Oh I'm not that good." My eyes go wide. "What? Are you crazy? You're really good! I've seen some stuff you've written. And you wrote those hit songs for Kacey Musgraves, biscuits." She blushes. "I just got so tired of the media dogging us and the lyrics came to me." "See that's what having a real talent for writing is. What do ya say?" "I guess so. This is exciting." I smile and hug her.

Miranda's pov

*the next day*

I was talking to Rachel over the phone about what me and Jason were talking about yesterday. "The thought of more of my music being played by singers gives me the chills. But a good kind of chills." I'm stoked. I started writing a song a few months before Jason proposed to me. Maybe I could cut my own songs! That would be so cool! I feel hands wrap around my waist! I drop the phone in surprise. "Hey girl." I smile and lean into his chest. "Jason, I'm so excited to write songs again." "You'll do great at it." "I was thinkin', how about I cut my own songs I could do it at broken bow! Oh please please please!" I gasp, turning around. He laughs. "No need to beg baby girl. Mike'll let you." "Yay! There's this song I wrote that I really want you to hear." "I can't wait to hear it." He says, lacing his fingers with mine. "How about right now?" He asks. I smile. "Ya want to hear it now?" He nods. I'm so excited!! I run upstairs and grab the sheet music and Jason's guitar. "I wrote this a few months after we started dating."

Jason's pov

She starts strumming to a fast paced song. "It's called dibs." She says, smiling. "I know everybody wants you that ain't no secret, hey baby what's your status and tell me are ya tryin' to keep it? Well they can all back off cause I know what I want and while I got your attention, did I mention. If you got a kiss on your lips that you're lookin' for somebody to take, hey, if ya got a heart that ain't afraid of love ain't afraid to break." Whoa did she write this song about me?! It's amazing! Man she's talented. "I'm callin' dibs on your lips on your kiss on your time boy I'm callin' dibs on your hand on your heart all mine!" I laugh a little at that line. She stole my heart the day of the awards all those years ago. "Make everybody jealous when I take you off the market. Get my lipstick on your right cheek cause boy I've got to mark it." After she finishes the song, I clap and she sets the guitar down, red faced. "That song when I wrote it I was still a little fangirling." I laugh. "I love that song and baby you've had my heart since I kissed you that first time at the awards." I would definitely love that song to be heard.