Tricked

Jason's pov

Brad and Luke were performing tonight and I was in the audience with my family. That teenage ghost kept bothering Sam. I really need to get that kid to cross over. I don't want boys being interested in my daughter let alone dead ones! My phone rings. I answer it confused. It's really scratchy. "Hello?" "Regrets....." A whisper voice says. "Pay..." Then the line goes dead. I stare at my phone in shock. "I'll be right back." I say. "You alright?" I nod and head to the hallway. I call Melinda and tell her about the creepy phone call. "You're not safe. That ghost is still after you. He's working for the shadows." "The shadows? What's that?" "Evil spirits. They want to trap lost souls here." Ugh. "I did not sign up for this! I don't want some asshole ghost messing with my family! He already hurt my sons!" "I'm sorry but you did sign up for this when you accepted your role as ghost whisperer." "Well I don't want it anymore! Not at the risk of my family!" I snap irritated. "I'm sorry. I can't just take it away! Trust me if I could, I wouldn't be seeing them either!" She hangs up on me. I glare at the phone annoyed. I'm sick of this crap. "Help." A male voice gasps. "Help? Help who?" I gape. "Help him!" The voice screams. "PLEASE!!!" My head's hurting again. Thanks alot ghost. Suddenly that boy appears in front of me wide eyed and looking terrified. "You've got to help me!" He screams panicked, grabbing my shirt. "Whoa kid what's... Calm down!" Suddenly the hallway gets really dark. He screams and starts crying with fear. "It's alright kid." He's so scared. The poor kid. The same guy who hurt my boys walks into the hallway, right through the wall. I glare at him enraged. "I'm guessing you killed the lights?" I gripe. "Why would I do that? Isn't that Luke Bryan's job?" I tense up. "Leave my friends and family alone!" He laughs a deep chilling laugh. "He said he took my parents." The kid whispers shakily, hiding behind me, his hand on my shoulder. "Kid listen to me. Go into the light. You'll be happy. This guy won't be able to hurt you." I say gesturing down the hall. "But if you go there, you'll never see your dear parents again?" The asshole says mysteriously. "Where's my parents?!" "He doesn't have them! He's trying to trick you!" The wicked man smiles. "Oh but I do!" He waves his hands and a man and woman appear beside him. In pain. Miserable. "Mom!! Dad!!" The boy yells behind me. They were moaning in pain. The evil guy smirks, looking me directly in the eye. The man and woman vanish and in their place to my utter and complete horror. My little brother. "MASON!!!!!!!!" I scream his name, desperate. He's shaking and on his knees. "LET HIM GO YOU BASTARD!!" Panic fills me. I run forward to save my little brother when a whisper voice says, "Stop." That's when I remember. My brother moved on. There's no way that's him. He's in heaven and okay. I know he is. I freeze. "This isn't real." His eyes go wide, anger flashing in them. The weird figment of my brother screams in pain. "You're not my brother." I say angrily. "How do you know?" The teenager asks behind me, still terrified. I turn around smiling. "Because my brother went into the light a long time ago. He may never see his nephews grow up but he's happy and free in the light. Go there kid. It's the only way you can get away from him." "But my-" "He doesn't really have my little brother then he doesn't really have your parents. It's a figment to hold you here. Go." "You promise... My parents... Will be there?" "I can't be 100% sure but even if they aren't you'll be happy there." The man screams in anger behind me. The lights come back on. "Thank you." The boy whispers then vanishes. I very barely hear him say mom! Dad! I smile. "Ya did good Aldean." I whisper. "Jason! There you are!" I spin around caught off guard to see Luke. "What's up?" "We've been lookin' for ya for hours man. Ya walked off in the middle of the show! What happened?" Hours? "Hours?" I gape, shocked. Time flies I guess. "Dealin' with ghost shit." "You okay?" I nod exhausted. "I'm going to bed." I say miserable, missing Mason more than ever.